US BULK OWNER OPERATORS

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by rodpiper, Jun 13, 2015.

1. rodpiper

rodpiper Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2009
    south carolina
    I would like to hear from current or former owner operators with us bulk. What can I expect on average as far as pay goes? I was thinking about the terminal in north Carolina if that helps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rodpiper

rodpiper Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2009
    south carolina
    Would also like info on bones,page,glasier Williams, and kerns trucking if anyone has worked for any of them.

4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I would have liked to hear insight on these companies as well!! Did you ever pick one @rodpiper and if so how's it going

5. rodpiper

rodpiper Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2009
    south carolina
    No I ended up pulling tanker

6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Good for you if it's working for you

7. rhmc

rhmc Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Bones isn't putting on contractors right now. Not until March at the earliest. Was told this by Paul Bones 2 weeks ago. Page is really good but I don't think they are bringing anybody on currently as I've been trying to with them and no return call or email from them. R and J is pretty good but I know for sure also they're not bringing on contractors currently as I have personally talked to them and know the owner personally. U.S. Bulk is OK but they would be last on my list personally.
    My list would be
    Page
    R&J
    Bones
    U.S. Bulk

rodpiper Thanks this.
  8. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Why R&J? Most anything I see of theirs or their affiliates looks filthy dirty and ragged out. Or do I have the wrong R&J in mind. From the Buckeye and in AL I believe.

9. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    If I'm not mistaken page recently opened a terminal in Kansas and I would be looking at jk Williams if I was ready to make the move

10. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Aren't J K Williams, Bones and Glacier kissing cousins? (All related somehow)

11. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I won't say there not but I have no first hand knowledge of either just see there equipment since I live in the area. I do know there are two bone brothers with different companies

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.