US DOT CMV Regulations.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by babybear, Jun 1, 2012.

1. babybear

babybear Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Chilliwack, BC
    I have been searching online for awhile to try and find a printable PDF version for the US DOT CMV regulations but with no luck... I was with a company that instructed drivers to follow company policies which were alot different then the actual DOT regulations in regards to how we were allowed to run... (Although to clairify company policy combined cdn/US regulations so that all qualifications were met no matter what country drivers were in)
    I am no longer working for that company and just started with a company that will allow me to drive according to the country in which I am in. The problem I have is that I am unsure of the DOT regulations of the US and was hoping to find a website that I could print out the info to keep in the truck with me for quick reference. Does anyone know where I can find it online? Or can I just stop at a open scale and go in n request a copy of the CMV regulation book?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!!
    :biggrin_25521:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    There is a book printed by J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc titled "Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Pocketbook".

Some call it the Green Bible or Little Green Bible, what you are looking for exists but not as a whole online manual that I have seen.

There are 651 pages in the copy of the book I have here at home, most of the trucks I have driven had a copy in them somewhere.

Some (not all) truck stops sell them. The last copy I bought cost around $5.50 plus sales tax.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    RickG Thanks this.
  4. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  5. babybear

babybear Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Chilliwack, BC
    Thanks for the info. I will have to look for the book in truck stops when I have the time to browse!

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Most of them carry the pocket guide babybear. Look around where the logbooks are. It's a little green/white book with black lettering.

7. taunda nestor

taunda nestor Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    The dot regulations are available for free online at fmcsa.dot.gov

I think the best resource is A Motor Carrier's Guide to Highway Safety - It covers almost all areas of compliance and is free :)

It's about 180 page book written in pretty clear English http://fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/eta/index.htm

8. taunda nestor

taunda nestor Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    I forgot to mention = this book is free!

9. BigJim1937

BigJim1937 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Fargo,ND
    Hey Babybear I have a few of them txt Courtney your addy and ask her to send you out one they are in a box in the locker at the apartment.

10. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    It's more a compliance manual for new companies that would greatly benefit existing companies as well.

I carry one on the truck with me all the time as well as the Hazmat and DOT green pocket books.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.