us express

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by idahoconcrete, Apr 2, 2013.

1. idahoconcrete

idahoconcrete Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Biddeford, Me
    Hey everyone ive been reading up on all of the reports of bad and good companies im wanting to know if us express makes u pay for the orientation and the hotel and of course the bus ticket ive had alot of different companies call me like knight, western, cre, usx, heartland, I know that there is alot of crap talked about all of these companies but my company that I workd for the passed 5 yrs decided to sell out and all of us drivers were terminated, so now im looking again for a otr job I could use some input and I know ill have to deal with crap along tbe way but maybe with some good input it will b easier to decide

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Stay away from cr England at all cost!!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    USX will buy you a bus ticket to get to orientation, pay for the hotel, buy lunch and pay you $58 a day during orientation. The hotel provides breakfast. All you are responsible for is dinner.

5. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    USX is great if you want to be a trainer LOL. For solo OTR its mediocre. You will average around 36cpm. If you like weird hours and can live without an inverter Heartland is a good choice. With the higher CPM you wont need to run as much to make a good paycheck. The others I don't know.

6. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I have also heard good things about Crete for Solo's. I have friends who drive for Celedon as a team and love them. You might want to check them out for Solo also.

7. idahoconcrete

Mar 24, 2013
    Biddeford, Me
    I want to thank you guys for your info. Ive been driving for 15 yrs now and have been with acouple of good companies and some not to good. When CR England called me they told me I would have to go to texas and do a 10 day refresher course and they go out with a driver for 20000 miles and then go to a jumpseat whatever that means, so after he told me that I was like so why are you treating me like a student driver and said that's how it is so that pretty made up my mind for that company they want teams there. But im thinking of checking out usx and see how they are I had acouple of buddies in Idaho that drove for them and they still say it was a good company but that was back in the 90s. Well like I said thank you for the info and ill keep an up to date log on this....

8. stuey

stuey Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Jefferson GA
    The problem with Heartland, as I understand the company, they have a very unique idle system in their trucks. It's temperature sensative as to whether you can idle or not (ambient temperature controlled). Ask some questions before you head straight to them. I also understand that Heartland will NOT allow invertors at all.

9. stuey

stuey Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Jefferson GA
    US Express is a family of truck companies... Arnold, C & C Trucking, Link America now I think, partnered with Smith Transport (Roaring Springs PA), Total Transport and a couple more. I worked for Smith prior to thier joining with USX and things were good but after USX got into the company it just didn't feel or operate the same. I don't really have anything bad to say about USX but Smith shared yards and terminals with them and I would often times go into a yard and see some USX drivers sitting there on multiple days as I was traveling in and out for Smith. I worked for YRC Glen More for a number of years when Yellow/Roadway (YRC) sold the equipment and entity to Celadon almost 2 years ago. Celadon was a complete long haul company that wanted to diversify and operate some of it's fleet as Regonal... that's why Celadon bought YRC Glen Moore from YRC... they previously tried to buy another company but that freight line fought and kept Celadon from buying. Anyway, what little exsposure I had to Celadon in transition was enough to keep me from going to work for them. I looked up Celadon here on this forum and other sites and found that Celadon's drivers claimed they ofteten didn't get reimbursed for "some" expenses... that orientation was said to be in a hotel in Indy but in reality it was their "bunk" rooms at their home terminal. Again, I don't know these claims to be true or not because I didn't accept the offer of employment when they aquired YRC Glen Moore. Just offering my two cents and hopefully you'll make a good decision thats right for you. Good luck!!!

idahoconcrete Thanks this.
  10. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    USX restricts idle also. Truck will shut off after 5 minutes if the temp is between 28 degrees and 70 degrees. The truck have bunk heaters for cold weather. They do allow inverters up to 1750 watts.

idahoconcrete Thanks this.
  11. idahoconcrete

Mar 24, 2013
    Biddeford, Me
    Hey guys I really do appreciate your help with this and it does help in my decision making. so do you nococraig still work there and how about you stuey are you still there also? Im prob goin to take them up on the offer and try it heck worst comes to worst I can alway leave there, so I might as well give them a try right thank again guys maybe one we will meet up on the open road.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.