us exspress

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by walleye87, May 10, 2008.

1. vols021

vols021 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Ask your mom, she rides with me. Just keep knocking doors off Swift boy. :biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phoenixsteve

phoenixsteve Bobtail Member

May 31, 2008
    phoenix,AZ
    Volvo sucks asssss

4. sanityfree

sanityfree Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Sleeper, Volvo
    Billy, is that when you're in orientation, they are gonna tell you the same B/S that the recruiter did. The difference is that they are better liars. They have powerpoint presentations and stuff like that to make them look better. But it's still just lies.

I also laugh a little when you say you can pick up when a recruiter is telling the truth or not. While I don't doubt that as a former military recruiter (I've dealt with them before, too) you would be able to pick recruiter crap from fact, it makes me wonder if you found any fact in that orally delivered crap pile....

Hehe, well, all I can say is good luck. I know they have a set of drivers that they keep happy so they can point trainees at them instead of disgruntled normal drivers like me, and if you're lucky, you'll be one of those. Other than that, keep the rubber side down, and be safe. Oh, and be prepared to put through training again when you decide to jump ship. After 8 months driving one of their automatics, I'm treated as a complete rookie at a company with real transmissions.

5. HighMilerNoAccidents

HighMilerNoAccidents Bobtail Member

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ
    And of course, on sites like this there *always* are individuals making totally inappropriate, stupid and silly comments to the subject in case..

Or assail each other by posting noxious messages.

And truckers wonder why they get no or little respect...

HM

6. CaptJack

CaptJack Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    You know how it is....kids gotta play.

7. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    That is another reason I decided against them. I didn't want to go there and then decide it wasn't right for me and then have to go out with a trainer to learn a standard before driving for someone else.

8. Badger

Badger Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Gatorville , Fla.
    After all is said and done , your last three sentenses are what counts right ? Oh, yes you should put your recruiters to the test and let them know that you didn't fall off the turnip truck last night right.:yes2557:

Badger

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  9. lindajo

lindajo Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2007
    nashua
    Lmfao. My husband used to train for usxpress. Most of these people could'nt even read a map. He even had one trainee that could'nt read. We're still trying to figure out how he even got that far. He had one trainee that went on rants about how Osama Bin Laden was justified on 9/11 attacks. Another trainee admitadly was diagnosed schizophrenic and my husband would wake up to find him sitting and watching him sleep. Another trainee tried to bring a hooker on his truck and was drunk. I can't tell you how many times trainees drove past their exits this was all of his trainees ALL OF THE TIME. That's just the beginning. If you ever need a good laugh just ask me about the torrid tales of training:biggrin_2559:

10. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    My trainer told me of a trainee he had that was going to make a left turn across the median and the opposite direction of traffic to make the delivery at the Home Depot. Last he knew this gentleman never made it out of training. He had him removed from his truck after this run.

11. Badger

Badger Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Gatorville , Fla.
    What has happened ? It sure sounds like a lot of drivers out there today really hate what they are doing . I hear a lot of bad and not much good. Things sure have changed out there, use to be a great bunch of people driving out there. Drivers would watch out for each other and share their knowledge of the road with the new drivers not complain all the time about how they are driving. We were all new drivers at one time.Old school driving needs to have the respect it use to and get back on the road again.

Badger
    Remember the Knights of the Road !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.