us exspress

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by walleye87, May 10, 2008.

1. Billy BigRigger

Billy BigRigger Bobtail Member

May 11, 2008
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Good morning, all.

I am happily settled with Roehl. I have my own truck and am running around the countryside. So far the Company has treated me very fair. They have worked to meet my requests (which have been few). I have a great DSR who has been around the block a few times and knows exactly what the solutions are to my initial issues.

Roehl and USX are like night and day, yes, but not because USX failed to hire me. USX busses its recruits; Roehl flies in comfort. USX drops slop for lunch from a roach coach; USX uses the excellent deli with quality food. USX doesn't return phone calls; Roehl not only answers, but if your DSR is not available, I have always had a different one responding in person which will come on the line. I'm sure I can think of other differences, but you should get the idea.

I have a few bugs to iron out since I'm new, but my intention is to become as independent as possible and not be in touch with the Company any more than necessary. I like the independence and as long as the runs can be done, the Company pretty much leaves you alone. I don't know why any of these trucking companies treat some drivers good while others get treated like crap. But it apparently happens.

I've been to Canada twice and to Texas and all points in between once. I'm just coming off of my home time in Florida and am looking forward to getting started again. Now the real fun begins - we'll see how well the Company can keep me busy.

Thanks again for all of the insight. I've taken some of it with me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vols021

vols021 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Congrats Billy...Glad things are working out for you. Good luck out there.

4. HighMilerNoAccidents

HighMilerNoAccidents Bobtail Member

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ
    That is SOOO nice to read Billy... Makes me happy to hear you're doing OK and are happy...

I hope it will continue to be so for you.

In the meantime, read my experience with Schneider just lately - page 25...=*^)

CR

5. Skillett

Skillett Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    ANybody operating USX out of Ohio?

freightliner driver Thanks this.
  6. nutznbltz

nutznbltz Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Apple Valley,CA
    US Xpress has some of the most awesome employees I have met in the industry, too bad they sit right next to the worst employees ever in any profession.... Makes their great efforts for naught. Sorry to say, but some things have to be experienced to be understoood. They have some great ideas, just tend to make drivers poor and disillusioned. Good luck out there, and try another company before you quit the industry if what they say doesnt pan out k? Be safe and take care all.

7. HighMilerNoAccidents

HighMilerNoAccidents Bobtail Member

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ

You have a BS in Business Administration and can't write proper English?

Your whole diatribe/tirade here is in question simply because your choice of words.

CR

8. vols021

vols021 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    LOL. You crack me up. So the best you can do is tell me that I didn't use proper english in an opinion thread?:biggrin_25523:

If you disagree with what I said and if you can back it up, then put it in your response.

When did you complete your English degree? I didn't know that my post were getting graded.:biggrin_2554:

9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You have a BS in Business Administration and can't write proper English?

Your whole diatribe/tirade here is in question simply because your choice of words.

Why? You left out a whole word, yet you still want people to believe you.

Now go stand in the corner till you can learn to play nice.:biggrin_25525:

vols021 Thanks this.
  10. freightliner driver

freightliner driver Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2008
    monroe mi
    Please check out my experince with usx and it is some what like yours

11. freightliner driver

freightliner driver Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2008
    monroe mi
    yes i was please read my experince with usx i worked out of medway

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.