US FOODS and SYSCO Performance Pay

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by brazsco, Apr 26, 2013.

1. tedcohen

tedcohen Light Load Member

May 2, 2008
    Portland, Maine
    I see a Syco ad for a "resident driver," which seems to be different from "delivery driver?"

Is a 'resident driver' what they call their shuttle drivers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brazsco

brazsco Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Yup! They make the most but working a 28footer can be very stressful

tedcohen Thanks this.
  4. sysco 294

sysco 294 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    albany ny
    I beg to differ. a resident driver works out of a shuttle site.

tedcohen Thanks this.
  5. tedcohen

May 2, 2008
    Portland, Maine
    sysco 24 - Maybe I can add some information th help drill down on this issue. I see two ads for drivers needed in Portland, Maine. One ad was placed by the Portland HR manager for delivery drivers. A second ad placed by the HR regional manager in Warners, NY, is mentions both delivery and shuttle drivers needed in Maine.

So I was thinking that the NY ad is asking for both shuttle and delivery drivers for Maine, while the Maine-based ad just mentions delivery drivers.

Thanks for your help, and thanks also to brazsco.

6. tedcohen

May 2, 2008
    Portland, Maine
    Here are the two ads I saw for drivers in Portland, Maine:

1.) Ad placed by Warners, NY:
    [h=1]Resident Driver
    Multiple Locations (Portland, Maine; Bangor, Maine): We have an immediate need for Drivers. Our Route Drivers are responsible for operating delivery vehicles to transport and unload product to customers. Our Shuttle Drivers are responsible to deliver trailers to and from our Portland, Maine depot location. A CDL-A license with a minimum of one year of driving experience is required for Route Drivers. Tandem Trailer Endorsement is required for Shuttle Drivers. The working environment includes docks, refrigerated trucks, coolers and freezers. The object handling requirements are the ability to move items up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.[/h]
    2.) Ad placed by Portland, Maine HR:
    Class A Delivery Driver
    $14.92/hour to start​
    $255/day average after training​
    Operations has openings for Class A Delivery Drivers. This position is responsible for delivering grocery products to our customers under minimal supervision. Must have the ability to operate a Class A CMV Professionally and to maintain the appropriate productivity standards.

=====

So, the first ad that says "resident driver" mentions delivery and shuttle, while the second ad mentions only delivery.

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    You'll be doing both. Fill in for shuttle unless its an open bid no one wants or there is no one in the area to cover. At US Foods we had to have doubles endorsement to be on the extra board to cover shuttles. Just apply and ask at the interview. Jumping into a shuttle at a resident can happen cause nobody lives there. But you can get bumped by other resident drivers if they decide they want it which they might not cause shuttle might get light hours 40hrs a week vs a route.

tedcohen Thanks this.
  8. brazsco

brazsco Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    When you have no senority, you will be ###### and forced to do shuttled whether you like it or not. Shuttles are easy once u learn the ins and out but it will suck at first. Once u get the first 3 stops off, ull be golden! Enjoy sysco man! Just do ur job, say off the radar, and ull be good!

That ad is complete BS because more than likely youll be doing both!

tedcohen Thanks this.
  9. tedcohen

May 2, 2008
    Portland, Maine
    Thanks much Radman.

10. tedcohen

May 2, 2008
    Portland, Maine

Thanks much brazsco.

brazsco Thanks this.
  11. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Not all Sysco locations are union. Senority means $*&% in a non-union Sysco location. Butt kissing on the other hand is golden, lol.

brazsco Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.