Us Foods

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Roger03_, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Roger03_

Roger03_ Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2021
    Does anyone know if US Foods runs linehaul home same day? Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Yes they do. I used to drop off to US Foods and they were only day cabs that I saw. Couldn't tell you anything more than that.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    @Chinatown

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    US Foods does have home daily driver jobs.
    • $20,000 Sign on bonus for eligible new hires!
    • Starting pay $32.93 per hour
    • Our Class A delivery drivers can make $100,000+ annually!
    • Full Benefits - $19.62-$36.92/week
    upload_2022-12-27_9-48-5.jpeg

Radman, just_s0me_Guy and Roger03_ Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Gemini Motor Transport has home daily jobs delivering fuel to Love's Truck Stops.
    Certification from accredited truck driving academy.
    Each driver must have a Commercial Driver's License and other appropriate endorsements (HazMat, Tanker, Doubles/Triples) and state requirements as required by law.
    Drivers are paid between $30-$32 per hour depending on scheduled shift and location
    Overtime pay starting at 40 hours worked per week
    [​IMG]

Radman Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Sysco has home daily runs.
    $23.76 Starting Pay

**NO CDL A REQUIRED!!**

GET PAID TO WORK WHILE WE PAY FOR YOUR CDL A

Radman and motocross25 Thank this.
  8. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    So I kind of have a follow up question. I see these food services companies (that I’m not opposed to driving for) posting shuttle driver positions. Like in my area Phoenix - Las Vegas is one, McLane just says shuttle driver. What are the odds you hire on to do this and you get thrown on a delivery route? Seems anyone with any kind of seniority would be bidding those?

9. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    All these food distributors have linehaul positions listed. It just depends on the location.

Stay away from McLane. They are the absolute worst. It’s a Warren Buffet company, so employees are their last concern.

There’s always the possibility of being thrown onto a route. The Sysco and US Food linehaul listings I’ve seen have mentioned it. However, that doesn’t mean it’ll happen. US Foods have some sleeper tractors. I’d think, if you requested an OTR position where you’re assigned one of those, you’d be left alone. All these distributors are struggling to keep up with their volume of business. If you could run OTR, that’d be money.

Shuttle positions are nights, only.

SmoothBore Thanks this.
  10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I worked for both US Foods and Mclane Foodservice (not the team one delivering to 7-11’s). The US Foods I worked for was union meaning to get a shuttle run you’d have to do your time to get one which was 10+ years of delivery.

Mclane Foodservice was non union this one delivered to Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bell, kfc, A&w, Pizza Hut. Shuttle was in the same building but separated. So you can’t get put on a delivery route at all unless you switched jobs which means your start over in seniority like being hired on. If you’re hired as a shuttle you are a shuttle driver. Generally shuttle paid pretty low compared to delivery driver. So probably why they are hiring. But it was an easy 4 day workweek.

US Foods was a good job and people but too #### unorganized and you’ll get slammed with stops.

I had a good experience at Mclane good people. If you’re a good worker they’ll give you time off when needed and leave you alone. I would generally get 2-3 day route or some local with 8-10 stops with a helper. You generally get more volume at Mclane but the trailer was more organized than US Foods. Also the stops was documented and gps in the trucks are accurate. I made in 2017 105k they’ve probably hade some significant raises since.

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Warren Buffett owned company means your check won’t ever bounce in my eyes.

ducnut and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.