US Foods

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SmoothTrucker23, May 14, 2018.

1. SmoothTrucker23

SmoothTrucker23 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hey guys so i have a interview with us foods tomorrow and was wondering if there are any drivers here currently working for them in the new england area? I know its a tough job i did see the video that they want you to watch. Alot of physical work which im fine with. I just want to know how is the management team with their drivers. Do they treat people good? I was at a company locally for about 3-4 months and it went from being good to being highly disrespected by dispatch, bad equipment, etc. I left there and picked up experience for p&d. The pay for us foods is great the benefits are amazing. Do these guys pay overtime after 40 hours? Thanks in advance yall.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I used to HATE their Ft Wayne IN location. I had a customer down the street, and US Foods wouldn't open their gates before 7AM. So you usually had to try to maneuver between 7-8 or more trucks parked all over the shoulders and sides of the street.

4. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    You dropped off at us foods?

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    No, I had a customer down the street from them. It was hard to get past US Foods, because of the congestion of trucks waiting for the gates to open.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Oh got cha lol. I hear they are always busy. You know anybody working there? They called me to set up a interview and the thought of asking when the OT kicked in flew by my head.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Snotrockettt

Snotrockettt Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2017
    I have a buddy that has worked for them for about 10 years. He loves it.

Out of all the food service companies they seem to pay the best.

8. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah the starting pay is very good. I applied for a cdl B position for now since they dont have any openings for the A but i decided why not get my foot in the door and start with a B?

9. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yes, OT after 40 unless it’s changed in the last 6 years which I doubt. Foodservice management tends to treat the drivers better then freight. They know it’s hard work. Some managers and TM’s are former delivery drivers. You can go from driver to management there. When I worked at a US Foods my TM was a former delivery driver.

SmoothTrucker23 Thanks this.
  10. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Perfect answer. Thank you. Exactly what i needed to hear.

11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Smart thinking on your part.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.