US Foods

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SmoothTrucker23, May 14, 2018.

1. SmoothTrucker23

SmoothTrucker23 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hear ya lol but remember we getting paid by the hour ill usually piss the customer off at that point by taking my sweet ### time but of course i would let dispatch know first haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I also get paid by the hour, but ain't working anywhere near that hard!
    I worked for a small produce company many years ago. We had one Chinese restaurant, they would order 15-20 cases of cabbage at a time. Plus a lot of other vegetables. Usually twice a week. Cooler was in the basement, down about 20 steps that were about 7" wide. Had to pull the old stuff out, put the new stuff in back, and then put the old stuff up front, rotate their product for them. With everything you delivered. Almost fell down the steps too many times to count.

No thanks!

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Oh no man all we do at US foods is put the cases where you tell us to and thats it. No moving anything lol but I definitely get where you are coming from its not easy man.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Thanks. That's too much work to give back to the government. I paid a click over $20k last year in income tax alone.
    Not going to do it anymore after the year I've had.

6. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah with all the overtime you get from here you’re most likely paying the government. After i have 9 months here ( which will add up a year in my experience ) ill try and see if i can get into fedex freight or ups freight maybe even hauling liquid. Something where im just dropping off and going. The money is very good here dont get me wrong but i dont think this job is worth doing for a lifetime lol you’ll have no back by the time you’re like 40. I’m 6’5 and theirs alot of stairs and alot of basement drop offs. Just gonna stick here for a little while and save some money and see where i go in the future.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I was just hired there today as a shuttle driver. Seems like it's going to be a decent paying gig. We shall see.

8. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    If you dont mind me asking how much a hour?

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Who cares. Work is work and your getting paid by he hour. My son works for US foods and makes Bank. When I was slow, he ask me to go apply and guaranteed I would get a job there, I said “No Thank You”.... :D

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well.......when you're ruining your back, shoulders, knees, etc, I guess, and mind you, this is only a guess, I WOULD CARE.

Diesel Dave and Canned Spam Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.