US mail contractors?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by wastetrucks, Nov 19, 2013.

1. wastetrucks

wastetrucks Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    NJ
    I'm looking to get back into the delivery driver business, and I am looking at several different industries. One I want to check out is mail private contractors, but I can't seem to find a list of companies, or more importantly a list of companies in my area. There is one company I see their trucks from time to time, but I can't remember there name. Anyway where do I find a list of companies in NJ that handle mail? Is it on the USPS's website? Thanks for any advice or info you may have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wastetrucks

wastetrucks Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    NJ
    Thank you VERY much Derailed. I could not for the life of me find that!

4. AmishEcstasy

AmishEcstasy Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2013
    I worked for Beam Bros out of Mt Crawford Va for about 3 months after about 20 years in the union freight industry They were pretty decent. Their equipment was sort of old ( I drove an old McKee Baking " Little Debbie" Volvo with over a million miles on it but it ran pretty well. Beam Bros has trucks all over the country so if you live in New Jersey check their website for available jobs in your area. US Postal work is by the hour and the rate varies depending on where you are domiciled. They never cared what route I ran or how long it took me as long as met my relay driver on time. They never once gave me a hard time about what I wrote down on my pay sheet they just paid it.....but know this, I NEVER cheated them! Loading and unloading if you have to do it is easy. But the downside is that you must work part of every weekend and most holidays as the US Mail moves every day. Beam Bros was a pleasant experience I just found a job where I had all weekends and holidays off. They were very nice people who were friendly and helpful if you had a problem. It was my first time with electronic logs so an old geezer like me needed a
    lot of help LOL Check them out if you're looking to get into the mail hauling thing!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.