US mail contractors

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Graymist, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Only if the truck is actually OWNED by the Feds. Outside contractors have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Mike2633 and Gordonfive03 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cer34Lkill3r

Cer34Lkill3r Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Beco makes us buy their expensive high deductible health insurance. Over $6000 a year for insurance I dont want or need. a few ways to opt out but my wife doesn't have employer health insurance, im not native american, or a vet so I have the pleasure of a superfluous insurance plan. oh I had non obama care insurance but I think beco gets some kind of kickbacks

4. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    When I worked at MCA lot of years ago had to be covered by health insurance.it wasn't MCA it was the postal service that required it that was the reason they paid the health and welfare on top of your hourly rate.it was still to expensive is why I left

Cer34Lkill3r Thanks this.
  5. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    The USPS has no, nada, zero, zilch requirements for health insurance. It's not in the contracts. Under Dept of Labor laws in regards to the Service Contract Act which we're governed under each employee has to be paid the Wage Determination amount for Health & Welfare benefits. How that is administered is up to the employer. So what a lot of contractors do is a group plan in which every employee's benefit goes into a pool.

6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Well it's been a long time since I worked for a mail contractor.but the way MCA explained to me when I was there.was it was in the contract with the usps that contracted employees had to be covered by health insurance if you were on wives policy at her job you had to show proof.the H&W part of your wages came directly from usps for help paying for health insurance.That how MCA explained it to me if it was lie they told it.

7. Cer34Lkill3r

Nov 11, 2016
    They tried to take a day away from mail delivery but failed. it's in the constitution somehow. great job security actually. the post office was never meant to make a profit or shipping rates would be through the roof. so we just keep our heads down try not to let them see us actually getting ahead in life. wait did I say that. mail routes wont go away. there budget has to increase every year. like thise $1200 staples and stuff. the post office justifies us.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. Cer34Lkill3r

Nov 11, 2016
    Amen brother. T&R out of Flagstaff,AZ is who I immediately thought of at the mention of Junkworth's. to add to attention to detail I'd say paying attention while driving. on my route through the reservation I have to watch out for horse's, cattle, and even the too occasional drunk native walking down the 2 lane highway.

9. Mitchell.ligistics

Mitchell.ligistics Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2016
    I have a problem with a fly by night pos company that has won a bid for sd to salt lake city UT for the holiday season they are unreliable and stealing from the employees who would I contact about this?

10. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Good luck with that. Peak Season is a free-for-all. The USPS only cares about getting runs covered, even if it's just an illusion. Brokers like Coyote are getting runs and so are fly-by-nights. We know they're not covering runs though cause we get calls to do them at the last second.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.