US Xpress cares

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lilredtrucker, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Cabhappygal

Cabhappygal Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2007
    USA-CANADA ANYWHERE
    I believe people write the truth on these boards. Let's not discount someone else's experiences. I also was incredulous at how USExpress in Medway were tossing people out left and right, and for no reason. One poor guy had come to orientation after paying for his own refresher course as they required. Then some idiot in the office said his refresher course was fine, but they didn't accept his originall truck driving school. The man had already passed his driving test and was in the last day of orientation. This wasn't the only student who spent three lousy days there for nothing. I was one also, on a stupid mistake that headquarters in Tennessee later apologized to me for. So I can go back to USExpress anytime. Do I want to? No.

It was all a mystery until I talked to another lady who was an office employee there for several years. She told me, "This place is the Twilight Zone. You never know why they do anything."

The employees/trainers/orientation staff - they all get away with anything they want to do to you. You feel like you're in prison.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    I went to medway a couple weeks back.The bunkhouse was fine.The mens showers and bathrooms were fine.They actually close the bathrooms and showers 2 times a day to clean them.The mens facilities were fine,I couldnt imagine the females facilities bein different.If you wouldnt shower there,I would doubt you would shower at most truck stops.Out of about 30 people only a couple got sent home.They lied on their applications.There was also 4 rehires there too.Not tryin to be mean.I just think you might be streching things a bit.

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

You where qualified to attended orientation, nothing more.

The hiring process does not start till the cattle call at the terminal.

Unless you think the safety team in the office at Medway is just playing cards all day and not finding out who they have to send home.

My orientation started with 32 people at OKC and ended with 21 with only 1 leaving of their own free will. And yes they will spend the money to get you to orientation and put you in a room without caring if you will make the cut or not. The rooms are payed for rather occupied or not in advance, and it is all a tax write off and paid for in the newbies low wages and high miles they will be doing anyway. Or the miles they cut off of experienced drivers so they can make room for the new students

Unless you really think that USX takes the cost of hiring hundreds of drivers every week out of their profits? :biggrin_25513:

USX boils down to this drivers, The more you make per mile, the harder it will be to make the miles. Go teams, trainer, dedicated or you will suffer to make a buck. I guarantee it.:biggrin_255:

At least that was my experience after 6.5 years there.

5. jbrown

jbrown Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2007
    cullman,al
    funny i worked for usx three years ago, i know a long time ago. i was se regional driver didn't complain and took every load they gave me and they treated me with the upmost respect and home every weekend with between 2600 to 3000 miles per week.

6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    And you worked for them for less then a year and all you got was 2600 to 3000 back in what? 2004. Running SE regional perhaps? not very impressive since that is were they are based out of.

I was given excellent miles their as a cheap newbie also. 12000 to 14000 a month was pretty much the norm, my first couple of years there. But each year after that i had to do more loads for less miles. When USX ran solo's 48 states I would do 8 runs a month. My last year their with all the rail freight I was doing around 15 to 18 loads a month and had one month I did 21 loads and only 2 where over 600 miles.

I ended my OTR career their doing mostly inter-model JBH type work in 2005 and got just a little over 96,000 miles and was on the road 11 out of 12 months that year.

Can't prove that my reduction in miles was due to wage increases but I turned down 1 load in my entire USX career and my records show there was a reduction in my miles which correlated with increased pay so that my pay stayed about the same for 4 years after they ran me hard when I was a cheap driver. My last year was as a local driver which paid around $2.00 less per hour then the average CDL driver in my area even after 10hrs a week OT was factored in. They made several promises to raise the pay but never did until long after I left and it is still below market.

USX is a training company and the pay and miles structure does not benefit you after 2 years so if you can put up with all their lies and broken promises till then it would be wise to move on a and find a situation where your experience will be rewarded.

No one should have to run illegally to make a decent living but at USX you will or you will end up in the poor house. The dp and shop is run so incompetently there is no way to avoided it.

By the way for you West coast drivers considering USX. Guess how many terminal they have in the whole western region? 1:biggrin_25513:

7. jbrown

jbrown Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2007
    cullman,al
    sorry didn't do my research on us xpress i was a newbee and kissing their butt but i had to leave them early into my career because my daughter was born and had to spend many months in childerns hostipal. i didn't mean to step on anybody toes next time i'll try not to put my foot in my mouth.

8. DeputyDog

DeputyDog Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Dayton,Oh
    Sorry, but yoy are wrong. It may have been that way at Tunnel Hill, but I to went thru orientation at USX, Medway terminal. The place is never clean, they do not use a motel, they have a bunk room which closely resembles the steel bunks in a jail.

Close to 50 per cent of the people in the orientation group ( approx. 30 people)were dismissed, most the last day. Each terninal has a manager and he is appearantly given a free hand in how he runs his terminal.

9. BunkysPrincess

BunkysPrincess Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Florida
    :biggrin_2559:

Probably because you failed their extensive background check!
    You must be best of the best to work for usx, anyone else need not apply!They won't just let the average joe in this company...That is why they succeed like they do.
    Just the way you posted here tells me you must be a low life type of person, and I'm sure they got that too....Try SWIFT they'll hire your kind!!!!

10. kc8vje

kc8vje Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2007
    East Point, KY 41216

I got one for you. You think that was a long time ago... I worked there 10 years ago. I started in 2000. Back then, the orientation practices were the same as today. Almost everyone gets a pre-hire, but they are picky on who they want. They can be. they own the place.

Did I like it there? Yes... It was fun, I made a lot of friends at the Medway terminal.

Would I go back? Possibly..... I'd rather be an O/O pulling frameless end dump. (this is where my heart is)

11. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    Bunky, I can take solace in knowing that you are responding to a thread that is nearly 3yrs. old. That makes your snarky comments about a bottom feeder company a bit easier to swallow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.