us xpress in pa

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by miz860, Nov 14, 2010.

1. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Oh ok I meant if I knew how many miles a non dedicated driver makes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    I'm a Solo, non-dedicated, and I seem to be averaging 2500 miles. I don't keep track of the miles in my head so I can't give you an actual average.

4. seasoned transportation

seasoned transportation Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I will tell everyone, do youself a favor and stay away from US Xpress in Shippensburg PA at this point. Orientation is three days and it last anywhere between 12-15 hours a day. You graduate and they do not have a truck ready, and if it is ready it breaks down before you get out of the terminal. They have laid off everyone at the terminal that knew the northeast, and now you are stuck with people from TN that have no clue about the northeast. It is a joke. Northeast regional drivers get no miles, short loads, no respect, and the solo drivers get every load that is over 200 miles. People in TN have no respect for drivers, and do you really want a guy sitting in TN planning you in Rhode Island, when they are not even sure where Rhode Island is? I have never seen a company care less about a driver that this company. They hire mostly students, and the quality of the drivers there are a joke. Why would you open a northeast regional terminal, and then six months after they open up they lay off all of their planners, and terminal manager? They laid off the best people that they had, and they are the ones that cared about drivers. I miss Arnold.

5. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    23 years as a driver, you log on today for the first time and make 4 posts in different threads bashing USX. One thing I have learned around here is to give no credit to super positive or super negative posts from someone who just shows up and rants or sings a companies praises with no history on this board.

BLING 350 and SheepDog Thank this.
  6. seasoned transportation

seasoned transportation Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Think what you want my friend. I am telling of my experience, and you are correct...this is my first night here. Glad that you have had good experiences with them, you are one of the few. Arnold was great, miles for the drivers, and great working relationships with everyone in the offices. USX is different, and has been nothing short of a disaster since day one of the takeover.

7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I am in no way trying to speak to your experiences. I have, however, met a number of Arnold drivers who have been quite happy with the change. I know quite a few very happy USX drivers and I have also met a number of unhappy USX drivers. Who knows why it works for some and not others. I have very high exectations, I think USX management is very competent for the most part. There are bad apples in every company and it sounds like you ended up in a very bad place.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. BLING 350

BLING 350 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    ALL OVER
    IM ON MY WAY 2 PA. IN 3 HOURS, I HOPE AND PRAY EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR ME.. I STAY POSITIVE IN THE MIST OF NEGATIVITY, I'VE BEEN READING BLOGS & POST ABOUT US EXPRESS AND ITS ALMOST LIKE IT'S 2 DIFFERENT COMPANIES.. I ALREADY KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING JUST BECAUSE.. I RAN INTO THE SAME SITUATION LOOKING 4 A GOOD SCHOOL, U GET OUT OF IT WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT TYPE OF DEAL! YEAH THE TRUCKS ARE RAGGIT AND THE INSTRUCTORS DIDNT HOLD YOUR HAND THE WHOLE TIME BUT I STILL GOT WHAT I CAME 4, MY CDL!!! I HOPE US XPRESS WILL GIVE ME WHAT IM LOOKING 4.. A CAREER IN TRUCKING!! I WILL BE POSTING AND KEEPING IT 100 IN MY JOURNEY AS A TRUCK DRIVER!!:Transportation cost

9. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Good Luck with that.

10. masterbirddog

masterbirddog Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2012
    beaverton mi
    Dedicated might not be bad but if you don't get it .yes otr solos sit as much as they drive. So finish training if they will give you dedicated account if not run away

11. BLING 350

BLING 350 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    ALL OVER
    some1 said teams make good money?? I really wanted 2 go solo but really need the money.. so far it is what it is, showed up in Harrisburg 2 no shuttle & no1 answering the phones!! had 2 make it 2 Shippensburg on my own, called the hotel & the girl said "your not the only 1"!! wow... what do I have 2 look foward 2 on my first day of orientation?!! :biggrin_2552:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.