US Xpress Journey

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Kstrong86, May 28, 2017.

1. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the right forum but I wanted to create a journey thread of my exp of starting out with US Xpress. I will be heading to Jacksonville, FL on Monday and starting Orientation on Tuesday. Then knock out the 175 hours of training with them and start teaming up. I will keep you guys posted and let you know how each day is going. Feel free to chime in or ask questions if you want.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you. Looking forward to your updates.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    awesome me and my wife goin in early august

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Good Luck man.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Pretty sure he meant "luck," O/P ;)

BigBluePeter Thanks this.
  7. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    LOL yes LUCK. I'm bouncing down the road.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    lol or he has short fingers lol hahahah

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Or FAT like mine; the letters being side by side and all .... ;)

10. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Sorry I haven't been on the thread updating you guys. So after carefully consideration I did not stay with USX. There was just lies from day one. I was not getting he pay I was told which was a five cents difference. I said ok I'll stick it out. The orientation is just very unorganized. I was pending hire because of truck school verification which I had the certificate and receipt but they said they had to call they couldn't take the certificate. Two of my employers they couldn't verify one being my previous company and the other being my Reserves and I had all the documentation they needed but they said they had to call. I tried several times to provide them this documentation and they kept denying. Well after the fourth day of still nothing and I decided to leave. I don't have time to sit around and wait and not get paid. I could have been with another company and been on the road by now. It was just red flags for me since day one. I will be starting with another company on Wednesday which is the first company I wanted from day one but kept passing them along for all these other companies. This is just my experience and you have to find what you want. We all know we are being interviewed during orientation. That's what they all say but what people fail to realize is that the companies are being interviewed as well. What you do as a company and how you handle things and operate is taken into consideration when a candidate is applying at your company. Same process as they are looking at us during orientation. Whether we are paying attention or sleeping or causing a ruckus. It's an interview both ways. Just as much as you need them for employment they need you more otherwise they wouldn't be advertising hiring drivers and what not. I just didn't feel comfortable from day one. So I'm going with my guts and choosing another company. Thank you guys for the reply and I wish you guys the best of luck and stay safe on them roads. God Speed

trucker3205, Knucklehead and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Kstrong86 - that's the reputation the company has; very disorganized. Good luck with your new company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.