US Xpress Training

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by gesterly1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    Never mind - I found your post 'Team starting out with US Xpress' and I'm reading through it all now. I'm on page 8. Hopefully I'll be done before I go to bed tonight!

Hubby and I will find out in the next day or 2 if US Xpress will hire us. We are scheduled to start driving school on Monday.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Lol, best of luck. Feel free to ask any questions

4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    we are all here to help

5. Mudflap210

Mudflap210 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Hey guys. I live in Tampa and was talking to a recruiter at Xpress the other day. Very cool guy, whiling to answer any questions. He told me that by living in Tampa, I only had two options if I got hired on. One was to run team or to a dedicated run for Family Dollar. I thought that would be cool. He said that while I am doing my training, he could set me up with a trainer and run the dedicated route. Again very cool. He then said that the problem might be that there would be no openings on the dedicated route when I got done and that I would have to run team if that was the case. Very un-cool. I asked him if there were any other options and he said no. He said there were several other dedicated routes but they did not put students on them. You guys that work there have any input?? I would any information.

6. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    It is all based on the freight lines and volume. It changes all the time. USX went through this about 8 or 9 months ago in Florida also. No real good options for you.

7. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Hmmmm, I have been told that same line on dedicated routes Family Dollar and that after training it could go that same exact way too. Reading it is almost word for word on what I was told but for NC and not for FL.

Any comments here on this, or is this just another recruiter con line???

8. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    I think to get a dedicated run you need 3 months employment with USX.Id be willing to team for 3 or4 months for a ded. route.

9. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I have to ask, what is 3 months on the job really going to do for someone?? 6 maybe 12 I can understand a little bit, but I am scratching my head here thinking just what is 3 months going to do for you??

10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    you would be suprised at what three months on your own will do, and what usx will know about YOU, do you ##### all the time, are you late for no good reason, (reasons thay wouldn't want you on dedicated)

you also need to remember that the only way you will get on a dedicated is if someone on it quits. so you may want to be on it and they may want you on if but it may be 3-6 months before someone quits so you can be on it.

HD_Renegade Thanks this.
  11. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    According to the USX site under job listings it says ded. routes you need 3 months exp.I was told i can get a ded route right off the bat,not sure if thats true or not,thats what rec. told me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.