US Xpress Training

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by gesterly1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    We did get pre-hire letters from US Xpress. Super excited. Now I have a question. To save space I won't go in to our whole history but a lot of companies wouldn't hire us due to not having a consistent work history (at least 12 months in the last 3 years). After speaking with my instructor I found 3 companies that said they would hire us: Swift, Werner and USX. Swift only hires out of Tampa, 3 hours north of us, and we would prefer not to move if we don't have to. I've only heard bad things about Werner, so that left USX.

Does anyone know why these companies will hire us without the work history? I'm just curious.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    check with usx xpress and see what they will want you to bring for your work history, signed letters and what not, hate to see you go home because you didn't have something.

4. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    Yes I will be sure to check with them. I did fax the recruiter some contracts proving we were self-employed this year, and they seemed to do the trick since he sent us the pre-hire. But yeah I'm gonna make sure they don't need more then that for the orientation.

5. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    You may want to bring all of that with you to orientation too, from what I have been told you fill out a 4 page application during orientation.

6. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Wonder who you talked to? I took my CDL training from SNI and drove for them, VAN, for 3 years..have nothing really to complain about. I simply left to persue FlatBedding...

I will say one thing,,,Orange gets to you after a while...LOL

7. DREAMS00

DREAMS00 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Darlington, SC
    Well today I submitted my information to US Xpress and let's see what happens now. I had a head hunter call me today saying that my only options were to go with CRST. Like he couldn't even tell me if they had E-Pass or Pre-Pass. That was it for me with CRST. Wish me luck!!

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Good for you Dreamsoo,, Pray all goes well for you and if you don't mind ME saying,,very beautiful pic.

God Bless

9. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Dreamsoo... I'm going with FFE. They will put us through school... CDL... and training. You don't have to pay anything back if you stay with them one year.

10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Is that your only option shoelessjoe? I hate to see anyone tied to a company for a year,, I did the same thing back in 2008 and it worked out fine for me so it most likely will for you as well. My wife is going to a local college, now the main reason is that she will get, I hope, better training in 7 weeks versus the 2/3 weeks you will get from a company trained program. The school my wife is going to is only $1500 total cost, more training, and no contract with any company. Wish you the best no matter what you decide to do..

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  11. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    SheepDog... Wish I did have the community college option but not in San Diego.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.