US Xpress Training

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by gesterly1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Sorry to hear that shoelessjoe but like I said, I did with Schneider what your considering with FFE and I stayed with them for 3 years so, may work out just fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Looking to be OTR for 3 - 4 months at a time and then 3 - 4 days off. They should be happy with a driver only wanting off time 3 to 4 times a year :)

If I'm happy I will stay after a year... If not then I'm sure there will be plenty of companies wanting me.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. lawman78

lawman78 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Linden, TX
    I've been working for US Xpress for about three months now. If you have at least 3 months OTR experience you go to orientation and do a road test and go solo right away. Under 3 months and you go out with a trainer. You have to do 150 hours behind the wheel before you get cut loose. After the first 75 hours behind the wheel your trainer can either run super solo (you do all the driving) or you can run team for the remaining 75 hours. I spent about 3 1/2 weeks training, went to the terminal and took muy written and road test and went solo.

I have to say I dont have much bad to say about USX other than I can never get me fleet mamanger on the phone. But anytime ive had maintenance issues and let them know about it they get me into a terminal or shop right away and usually keep me running.

airforcetoo, SheepDog and JackDylan Thank this.
  5. rereme1

rereme1 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2011
    louisiana
    i live in louisiana i wanna know how long will traing be in tn

6. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    You will likely go to Olive Branch MS (Near Memphis) or Irving TX. Orientation is 3 to 5 days and then you are out with a trainer for 150 hours behind the wheel. It usually takes 3 to 4 weeks

7. Belton Bandit

Belton Bandit Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Belton,Texas
    After training with your trainer and going solo, are there enough tractors to be assigned one quickly?

8. sbgogirl

sbgogirl Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Anderson, SC
    When to US Xpress for training on 12-14. Did not work out for me. The stepping up on the 2nd step of a ladder. Got me. I have a bad hip. I can get in and out of the back of a truck but, I can not step up on the second step of a ladder. Two very different things. Any way I am back home.

9. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    I am so sorry, sbgogirl......I know of some drivers that need to go back and flunk the physical because they almost need a crane to get in the truck and forget about getting in the trailer.

10. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Wow, isnt that the truth

11. okiedriver

okiedriver Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2011
    oklahoma
    I am thinking of usx but one question if anyone can answer.I drove for a diffrent out fit for 3 months not counting the training time of 6 weeks.my question is do you know what that would consist of in training with usx or for how long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.