USA,,,, DAY-cabs? WTF?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Infosaur, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Be sure to bring an oversized pillow to prop up against the driver door so you can catch your sleep breaks as needed. (Just like UPS drivers). I wouldn't suggest sleeping over the steering wheel, kinda uncomfortable....but, hey, you'll be home every night, right? For what, 6-7 hours. Can you say "The good life"?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Looks like I'll get a sleeper after all, they just don't have any free day-cabs.
    (I didn't think so anyway)

4. Infosaur

Getting assignents tomorrow,,, getting a steak tonight :yes2557:
    I don't care if it's a 94 or a ProStar as long as:

1.) it runs
    2.) it's not dirty
    3.) it has a new mattress IN PLASTIC!

I did NOT just take 3 days of drug screens and physicals to catch VD from the last trucker to run that rig.

5. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    :biggrin_2554::biggrin_2554: VD hahaha maybe gynasphaherpalaids, we talkin truckstop ho's not nevada lol

6. S C Rydah

S C Rydah Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Jersey
    The op put a pic on the 1st page with a black Renault daycab. It reminded me of a vid I saw recently. One of those trucks - it was gray - was drifting on a track!!! Don't believe me?! Check out youtube and look for "truck drifting". You'll see some interesting stuff!!

7. Infosaur

That's nothing driver, check out what the boys from Top Gear did in the Season 12 opener.

8. Infosaur

Anyway I got my new truck tonight and turned it right back in.
    "minor oil leak" my ICC bumper!
    The turbo looks like a little slice of Texas, oil and bull crud everywhere.

So about 2 hours later, they get me another truck. Much better, but still needs my OK before I sign it out. Needs about a dozen minor fixes, but alas, there are only so many hours in the day.
    So the tractor goes back to the shop, and yours truly goes back to the roach motel to get one more night of queen sized matress bliss.

Might even sleep late and take a bath in the morning, since I had to share a room and get up at five every morning durring orientaion.

Gotta psych myself up though, this one's a manual. I didn't get much practice with a clutch in the last year, even though my personal car is a stick. Georgia Overdrive scares the #### out of me. So I'll be driving like a weenie untill I grow more confident with my 10 speed skills. I'm sure I'll pick it up in no time though.

Well off to bed.

(billing the company for the room, since I'm not on salary so I'm not paid untill I roll)

9. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Scary they let you out here with us not knowing how to shift a simple 10 speed.

10. Infosaur

That's okay driver, as a Yousa Driver you never have to worry about me rear ending you,,, I can't catch anyone over 61.

11. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Not a manual tranny guy? Where in the heck did you go to school?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.