USA Truck, Inc. - Van Buren, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mykel58, Aug 22, 2006.

1. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Boaterer,
    Sure would like to see updates on this situation. Reading more and more on delays with different companies.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iloveswift

iloveswift Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2007
    well i can say this these people wanna hire me as a trainer so they must be desperate.....kidding i will show the students how to do something special hit cars and back into light posts they are i guess a very good company to hire in with as a trainer you basically get paid for all mile with a bonus for the student actaully going to work for them

4. apache36

apache36 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2006
    I work for them back 2001 thur 2002 never will work for them again. They will make you go Bronx, queens, China Town, They are force Dispatch. They will run you into the ground. I never could get any sleep the dam qualcom keeps going off every few seconds. dispach on qualcom wanting way that trucks not moving. Any though you have run 700 miles with out a break. I do run very hard but when your tried you need to pull it over and rest. But they care less about you. Home time is joke. So I wish you guys all luck in the world. Back then I had about five years over the road
    experince. :smt023

5. iloveswift

iloveswift Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2007
    they said out 7-10 and no nyc which is ok anyways but i do have to ask why would you complain about 700 with no break thats how you make money in the industry

6. boaterer

boaterer Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Batavia, Ohio
    sevenmph,

Yea, I'm haring the same things. I'll be glad to update as I can. I leave tomorrow and I'm not taking a computer with me, so it may be a few weeks before you hear back. I'll see if my wife wants to post for me. I should be talking to her quite a bit. She's been reading some of this. We're both learning a lot.

Mark

7. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    hard to believe with all that has been heard that a company would say no NYC, because if their going to make money there, you'll be going...

8. boaterer

boaterer Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Batavia, Ohio
    Hi lookingup,

I can't remember where I read the same thing about NYC. Seems like it was on their website, or maybe something a recruiter said. Anyway, the story I heard is you might deliver to NY, but not in NYC at all. Supposedly, they want to keep their drivers out of there to keep them from waisting valuable time. They said anything inside of NYC is contracted to some local companies that specialize in city deliveries, and USA Truck simply delivers to these specialty delivery companies (outside of the city).
    Time will tell... I obviously can't give first hand info, since I'm just starting tomorrow.

When you think about it, places outside the city and over in NJ might be just about as bad as in the city, but it sounds like they are trying to keep you moving!?!?

Mark

9. shannon27sc

shannon27sc Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2007
    first to bobtail...not sure if u work 4 usa or not...but my brother has been craped on since day 3....he left orientation with a team to get a truck 800miles away that some one left @ a truckstop....(no pay for that 1) freebie...comliments of my bro...then he had to clean truck up((freebie too)....then had to sleep in countless cold night in the truck ,because it wouldnt idle that went on for nearly 4 weeks..took 3 weeks 4 a mechanic to look at it..said they fixed it and still wouldnt idle....several of those cold night usa did pay for a hotel 2 times....2...the rest of the time he was told by dispatch mngr....and i quote...not my problem...good luck!then he came on his first time out on thurday 10pm they didnt want him to park his truck at home ..nor a reputable truck stop..wanted him to take it 80 miles up to a drop yard and leave..(@ that time of night)lol..then:happy3: he gets homes rest..usa wanted him to leave out sat even..he told the he was going to leave out sunday instead..they didnt like ..but said it would be charged to his next home time!!!then:p he was promised .38mile he gets .35 no hidden fee/bonus/etc flat out....still hasnt got it hes going on nearly 3 months now....then:brilsmurf: he leaves out sunday...mid-day ..picks up 80 miles away @ dropyard ....guess what monday is holiday ..he only drives 400 miles from drop yard and has to sit until tues morn....(freebie too) oh by the way did i mention they didnt unload him until 3.30pm...####:smt039 fingers getting sleepy....:smt038 then...they finaly gets his truck in shop...@3 pm one day///shop says will be tommorrow...guess what 1 dispatcher told him what hotel they use and to go there and then call them back...that when the smart___ lady got on phone and said not our prob good luck!needless to say he stayed @ the term that night..in a chair..(not a recliner type..then 3.30pm next day they get it fixed(another freebie)did i mentionit was 17 deg that night..lol anyway ..hes a bigger man than ill ever be ...thats for sure.....!!! NOW...NEW YORK...lol yes they do say no new york....guess how many times he has beem there in the last few months .....4..as we speak he is in buffalo right now snowed in and interstate has been shut down(eastbound)..not westbound...another (freebie).....so you ppl thinking no new york....good luck ..i wish youll well........have a great night ...and god bless each and every one of you.shannon

10. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    are they paying him, why's he stay?

11. shannon27sc

shannon27sc Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2007
    :razz: he has mouths to feed....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.