Using a landoll with Landstar.

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Cyclesdalecummins07, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Cyclesdalecummins07

Cyclesdalecummins07 Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2011
    slidell, la
    I am looking into purchasing my first truck and trailer in the near future and was looking to become an owner operator with Landstar and I wanted some information from current O/O's I am thinking about using a Landoll 455 as the trailer, are any other drivers using this set up? I would like to get into hauling equipment with them and I have used a similar set up when I worked for a rental company and it was a great set up. Would this be a good set up to use for them or should go with a traditional lowboy? I am not looking to go over a six axle set up yet, maybe later on I will go to an eight axle set up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Underpressure

Underpressure Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Not sure that would be a great fit at landstar, never seen a landstar truck pulling one... But it would work well at daily express...

4. Cyclesdalecummins07

Sep 6, 2011
    slidell, la
    Thanks for the info on daily their hiring map goes straight through my home town.

5. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    If I'm not mistaken there is one or two landoll trailers in the system, and in my time I have seen one load calling for one.

6. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I saw a load or two calling for the Landoll, and it probably could double for a step deck with ramps?

7. Cyclesdalecummins07

Sep 6, 2011
    slidell, la
    It could be used as a step deck it's just extremely heavy to be used as a step deck. A 455 weighs about 23k.

8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    There's a couple in the system last I knew. I loade with a guy that had one a few years back. I Rarely see a load posted for one, but that's because they'd get called before posting. You'd have to run it as a heavy step 98% of the time. You'd be better off pulling a step with ramps or an RGN, in my opinion.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.