Using Car Load Boards ( New Haulers )

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by wspates20, Jun 16, 2019.

1. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    How are loads of new cars from the plant usually listed? Like BMW in Greenville SC for example, is it possible to negotiate loads directly from the manufacturer or do you have to go exclusively through brokers to haul for them, or any other manufacturer pulling directly from the plant? I’m looking to get into the carhaul business, but as I have no experience hauling cars I am first going to go in as a company driver to gain experience then possibly lease on with a carrier. My ultimate goal is to have my own authority and haul mainly new cars, and only haul auction cars when necessary.

4. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Be very careful when deciding to haul new cars. ANY damage no matter how small can be a huge deal. I know more than 1 driver that literally bought a car they damaged because of all the issues.

New cars are not like used cars. After a pretty minor damage they are not allowed to fix it and sell it as new so there are all sorts expenses involved with loss of value and so forth.

You file an insurance claim and the resultant rate increase can kill you.

Every insurance claim you make goes on your "Loss run report" and every time you renew they look at that report. A $1,000 claim can make your rate go up $5,000 or more. More than 2 or 3 claims and nobody will cover you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.