USX Hometime

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Diab33tus, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Diab33tus

Diab33tus Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Lansing Michigan
    I know that it's 2 days every 12 out , but are you allowed to take more than 2 like 3 or 4 if you aren't that worried about the money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Creampie

Creampie Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Kingsport, TN
    Buddy who drives with the company I'm at now said USX were like a bunch of Nazis with home time

4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    One day off for every week out. Usually can't be off for more than four days unless for a specific reason.

My tip for putting in home time....tell them you need to be home by 1am. We put ours for Saturday 1am. Since most loads are delivered during the day, our load was due at Friday 8am. We delivered it then dropped the truck at the terminal. Got an extra day at home.

USX is good about getting you home on time.

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    They are not nazis when it comes to home time...lol. Even where I live they manage to get me home within a day of what I ask for.

But if you want to go home that much you shoulkd look for something local. Why do OTR?

6. beerwolfhlc

beerwolfhlc Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Unfortunately,there are no more companies like MS Carriers who used to GUARANTEE home time to 5 days from when you put it in. The merger with Swift was the downfall of this company. Mike Starnes got his money and ran. Too bad....

7. beerwolfhlc

beerwolfhlc Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Oh yeah, almost forgot-although I never worked for USX I ALWAYS heard bad things about them not letting their drivers get hometime ALL THE TIME, from different USX drivers, none of who I knew personally,so who knows? Coulda been rookies I guess

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.