USX Training Issues

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by HD_Renegade, Sep 7, 2011.

1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I have a dilemma with training.

I went out with a trainer Monday morning. I drove all day (no issue doing this) Started in Richmond Hill, GA then up to Savannah, to the DC to pick up a load, and then to Miami, ended the day at 8:30pm at the Receiver for a 5am delivery.

Issue one, I do not fell safe behind the wheel with this trainer. I am fully able to drive the truck in a safe manner with no issues, but I have an issue with the trainer YELLING that you need to get in the other lane, as well as other things

Issue two, no bathroom, expected to urinate in a bottle in the truck,

Issue three, I was told to falsify my logs and say that I shut down at 7:15pm so I could start working again at 5:15am to unload the truck. (I had not been connected into the Driver Tech so I was on paper logs)

Issue four,in Miami high 80's + degrees NO Ideling and am expected to sleep.

Called Trainer Coordinator to let him know that there were issues going on, and I was trying to work thru them.

Not once were we able to stop to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Issue five, after hand unloading to 3 stores start to head back North. Trainer wants to get as close to Georgia as possible. I tell him that I want a shower tonight. He pushes the clock we stop at a Truck Stop that he knows will be full so he can trans-flow his paper work in so he can get paid. truck Stop is full no parking left. I have 35 minutes of time left on my 14hrs. We start heading for the other TS have 30 minutes or so left to get the TS, 4 miles from TS I am told to pull into a Rest Area for the night. I told him if we stop here, I am getting out of this truck tomorrow. He said we have to do a Post Trip before you shut down and run your 14 out. We pull in, I am soaking wet with everything I am wearing from sweat, and we never did the Post Trip.

Trainer tells me that his trainer kept him out for 7 days straight and stayed away from TS so he could see what it was like to go without a shower.

Bonus - we get to idle tonight so we have AC !!!!

Monday and Tuesday I eat protein bars and trail mix that I was smart enough to bring with me, and a case of water.

Today

Drive to Richmond Hill GA, and get all of my stuff and get out of the truck.

Call Trainer Coordinator, he claims that he can not do anything until I fill out an incident report (in the hand book) and fax it into him.

I go get my pick up truck, get something to eat. Choice, drive 5.5 hours north to go home, or 3.5 hours South to go to my Fathers house in Florida.

Keep in mind, I have had very little sleep, very frustrated, upset that anyone would think that people HAVE to live like this.

I start to head South, I get an hour down the road, phone rings. Trainer Coordinator calls to tell me he has found another trainer and wants me to go to Savannah to meet him, but says I have to fill out the incident report before I can get on another truck.

I told him that with the way I was treated, the mind set that I had I was not honestly capable of filling it out. He said are you terminating employment with USX, and I said no, you are. this went back and forth for a good 5 minutes, so could be I am no longer employed with USX.

Can you folks please give me your opinions, good or bad.

thank you

ricrey99 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I was nodding my head until the last part....
    Why not fill out an incident report? You should so this trainer can and will no longer be a trainer and treat someone else the way he treated you... Do it bro, fill that sheet out and fax it in,,than get with new trainer and finish your time so you can get in your own truck... Everything this guy did is wrong!

4. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    SheepDog - I was just not in the right mindset to be able to fill it out then. I have had a nice shower, some food, and decent nights sleep now. This morning I filled out the Incident Report and typed up 2 pages of more information and faxed it in.

With so much turn over rate in the Trucking Industry I can start to see why even good people that really want to do this, just can't do it.

I have been researching USX for the last 9 months and some of why I went to USX came from right here. I read the good and the bad. I looked at who was saying what and how many posts that person had to see if there was value in what they had to say.

Only time will tell what USX has to say today.

I hope that you folks have a safe wonderful day out there today.

Thank you SheepDog for the comments, and I wish some of you other folks would give your opinion too even if you send me a PM to do it.

mtnMoma and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Renegade, there is absolutely no reason for your trainer to behave the way he did. I'm glad you did the incident report and hopefully something will be done.....like get rid of him as a trainer.

Ms.Jesse and mtnMoma Thank this.
  6. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Look it would take 5 mins to fill out the report no argument needed just do it. Second YOU were driving the truck you have control pull off go pee or eat what ever tell the trainer if he doesn't want to wait take the truck and go. Now he has abandoned you! their problem. Now Most important contact training and make sure they have your incident report and get another trainer and get after it.

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  7. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    First night, I was not told where we were going other then Miami FL. I did not know we were spending the night at the Receiver.

We never did any trip planning, I got in the truck that morning and I was told where to go. Follow the DriverTech GPS.

I did stop at a Service Center on the Toll Road so I could use the bathroom, and get something cold to drink too.

Tuesday Night I thought that we were going to a Truck Stop where I could shower, I was informed less then 1/2 mile to just pull in there.

First call to Training went fine they sounded concerned, second call to them after getting off the truck they did a complete 180.

Also I did fill out the incident report this morning and faxed it in.

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  8. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Anna I so hope that something good will come of this. I had no issues driving the truck, and I was enjoying it too. It would not bother me at all if I needed to drive for the full 11 hours either.

Thank you for the comments,

mtnMoma and SheepDog Thank this.
  9. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I just want folks to know, I did not post this to be a whiner, I posted it to try and see if this is what goes on out there, and to see if people are really treated like this.

I am now in contact with the head of the training department, and she has told me this is a very rare case. She said that she will be calling me back later today. She also asked for a copy of my incident report, and I have faxed that to her too.

10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Every time we hear about these things happening,

it is said to be a rare case.

Horsesqueeze !!!!!!

Good Luck HD

SheepDog and mtnMoma Thank this.
  11. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Renegade......the head of the training department is not a she.....at least it wasn't 3 weeks ago when I got called about taking my student on by the head guy himself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.