USX Training Issues

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by HD_Renegade, Sep 7, 2011.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    FYI, it is Tunnel Hill, Georgia

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    You are a recent grad from ???

As Craig said, it is Tunnel Hill, GA.

Best of Luck to you, be sure to read a lot of what has been posted about things you need to do before you go to Orientation too. Just have all of your ducks in a row, and you should be fine.

4. machinetech147

machinetech147 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Waynesville, Nc
    Tunnel Hill. Gotcha. I've been reading and surfing this site like crazy. I've taken all the advice I can find and know beyond a doubt I'm missing something lol. More than anything I can't wait to start this new adventure in my life.

5. machinetech147

machinetech147 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Waynesville, Nc
    Oh and I just graduated from Alliance Tractor Training Center.

6. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ok passed all the upgrade test and no truck to be had. They had 4 people that I knew of were here sense yesterday waiting for a truck, then shipped them off the Ellenwood the get trucks.

They had another full class for orientation, and another full class starting tomorrow. Not sure how or why they keep hiring so many people, without the trucks or trainers for them.

7. Poobah

Poobah Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Arizona

Congradulations HD !! It's been a long and winding road for you but now you're at the point you have persevered for. If I had a hat, it would be off to you! :biggrin_25514:

I had to take a bus from Tunnel Hill to Ellenwood as well when I got my first USX truck. The shop there was really good about fixing several issues with the truck, although it took three days to properly address the problems, in the end I left with a nice running and legal truck. If you should have to wait around there for whatever reason, there is a great chinese take-out that also delivers to the terminal. You will probably find a menu either on the wall or laying around in the drivers lounge

8. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I really don't want to go to Ellenwood, I have my PU here with all the stuff in it for my truck. I really hope that they have a truck for me tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the congrats !!! It has been a very long road. I did like 6300 miles BTW with SheepDog in 2 weeks!!! We ran hard.

9. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

because almost as many people quit ever week get hired every week. When they have a slow week for people quiting and or getting fired...you get to wait for a truck.

American Trucker

10. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    You could be right!!

11. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Glad you passed and thanks for putting the $300 back on my table....

You will get a truck soon enough and you may have to go somewhere else to get it... no big deal.. had to do that with TMC and what a bummer but once I got the truck all was good.

Stay positive, no matter what happens!

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.