Usxpress dollar tree dedicated

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by echo4572, Feb 2, 2010.

1. echo4572

echo4572 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2008
    md
    Any current USX drivers on the Dollar Tree account Berwick Pa. Any info on this dedicated run, what you like or dislike about this account. What is your day like, miles, number of stops per day, etc?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. robg22

robg22 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2012
    ok im family dollar dedicated for werner and all you have to do is get at lease 1500+ mile a week it dont sound like a lot of mile but trust me dedicated acc you dont need a lot of mile because you got unload pay not like a otr that need at lease 3000 mile to get what you get may be more mile i run 3 load aweek mon wed fri i deliver sun tue thu i run bring home
    1000 to 900 week becareful stay safe good luck

4. hackney

hackney Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2012
    im looking to do dedicated

5. Adkhunter

Adkhunter Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Delmar, NY
    I didn't personally run that account but a buddy of mine did and just got off of it a week ago. He liked it at first but hated it as time went on. He would call me all the time and tell me he was sitting in a truck stop waiting for a load. I guess they have more drivers than loads and alot of guys are sitting alot and not making any money. Of course this is all hear say but he is a pretty good guy I don't think he's BSing me. But you won't see many miles per week you will make most of your money in unloading pay. But to make that money be prepared to bust your ###. Unloading a 53ft trailer box by box is alot of work. I ran the dollar general acct for a few weeks and found that it wasn't worth it at all. I made the same or more just running OTR and didn't have to kill myself unloading. I also heard that the dispatchers for that acct really aren't the greatest but once again that's just what I hear. To me unloading box by box isn't worth it. But some guys like it. It all depends on what you like doing.

6. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    I am on family dollar account....yes its hard work..and u do unload every box bye hand...i dont sit..very rarely....and im home every wk end..$ is good to..not great but good..as for otr ,,i did that too..i was never home..also this acc,is very hard work....

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  7. hackney

hackney Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2012
    how is the berwick account do you run nj ny delaware

8. jonah

jonah Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2013
    I did run for Dollar Tree out of Savannah last year, March - November. I did on average three trailers per week and was home 3-4 nights every week. I gross $1000/week. It was possible to do 4 trailers per week, and gross about 1200, but It was too much for me - every trailer contains 3-4000 cartons, weighs 35-40 000 lbs and everything has to be moved by hand.

When they operated 5 days a week it was OK, I could be home Friday night and stay home till Monday morning. When they switched to 6 workdays weeks, I had to stay Friday night in Savannah, or take another load - and I wasn't willing to do it. After brief transfer to Target account I quit - now I work for Harris Teeter, making more money, staying home every night and I don't have to unload trailers any more.

However if someone doesn't mind hard work, Dollar Tree is fine account. Some drivers out of Savannah make 65-70K per year - and they can be home several nights per week.

9. Rollin_18

Rollin_18 Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    My dad did the dollar tree account out of Joliet Illinois and did the same as you was saying(3 trailers a week very rarely did 4 unless it was a little trailer somewhere close where he can get it done in one day) made good money and was home a lot. The hometime is the good thing but unloading sucks in any weather. I kinda thinking about doing the account though cause of the hometime(I have to babies undar 2years old) I really hated unloading the trailers though but my dad did it for bout 5 years then went to kroger in Delaware Ohio(day cab). Anybody on the account now or just got off know if anything has changed since 2007.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.