USXPRESS newbie review and RANT!!!!

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Terence Whitfield, May 5, 2016.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's too bad USX had to lie to you just so you come on-board with them.You're getting a sour taste what this industry is really like.I would start looking for something else ASAP.Crete suppose to be a good company.They may have slow trucks and heard cameras but if you're making good checks every week then that shouldnt matter.Schneider is suppose to be good also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Previous employer is refusing to answere any requests,for employment verification.
    Spent 2 years getting a cdl and some experience,and cant find work.
    What are my other choices?

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Why is previous employer doing that?Did you leave them on bad terms?

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I was considering USX at one time but then @Chinatown pointed me in the direction of a few quality smaller companies and I am so very glad I didn't head down that "mega path"!!!

Whew, it was close though... First considered Knight and then USX... I was so lucky!!!

I ended up at Abilene Motor Express out of Richmond, VA.... They have awesome equipment and great freight too... Never regretted coming here... Ok, there were a few days but they passed quickly... LOL

Drop me a PM here if you want to talk about Abilene... Been here since 08/15 and I think it would be worth considering if you are looking for an out.

If Abilene isn't a good fit for you I am sure @Chinatown will be willing to drop a few more option to you to consider too.

Oh... 36 CPM to start, 37 CPM after 6 months, and 38 CPM after a year.... Plus full benefits too.

Stay Safe wherever you land,
    MD

6. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Dropped my truck at a terminal and went home.
    Guess they couldnt mess with my dac,so this is their response.

7. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Applied to every company that fits my goals,and they are all telling me the same thing..no response from previos company.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    As Trooper said, use your tax records or go get a copy from Social Security office which will list all employers and dates they paid into SS for you.

Of that two years, how much is drive time? I assume it didn't take you two years to get your CDL but even with just a CDL you should be able to find work out here.

Is there a Red Flag in your past blocking you?

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ah... Tell recruiter they are being difficult and find out if they would except other forms of proof... Then you can start to work around them before the new company tells you no.

born&raisedintheusa and pattyj Thank this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's just wrong on their part.try finding a small company in your area like construction..Companies Here are too busy to call for verification.they just make sure mvr passes their insurance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.