Utility trailer ABS light on

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Duliz, Nov 30, 2008.

1. michael griggsjr

michael griggsjr Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2016

2. lady doe

lady doe Light Load Member

May 25, 2014
    I HAVE A 2013 VANGUARD AND THE ABS LIGHT COMES WHEN THE TEMPERATURE GETS ABOVE 60 DEGREES OUTSIDE

3. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    The first step of fixing ABS problems is ABS unit identification.....

GrapeApe Thanks this.
  4. lady doe

lady doe Light Load Member

May 25, 2014
    thats something i dont know right off. i will find out thank you

5. Levy dude

Levy dude Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2016
    I have changed both wheel end sensors the wiring from the brain to the wheel sensors the brain itself I changed I the trailer and I can't find any issues in the wiring any were and it blows the fuse daily and idk why it's a 2004 kenworth and the trailer is a year older I think it's merito wabco any pointers

6. Levy dude

Levy dude Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2016
    Checked the trailer not changed the abs light on the trailer it self does not come on and can not get a code only the dash light for the trailer is on and it keeps blowing the fuse and I changed every trailer abs part there is even the junction box that the power plug to the abs brain comes from and am at a lose if any one can help

7. Rodriguezalfred15

Rodriguezalfred15 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Bullhead cty, az.
    I have a 2000 classic and trailer is a 2000 as well

8. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    in 2000 they used both bulliye and PLC

9. GeorgeStoenchev

GeorgeStoenchev Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2014
    Hi. I have 2012 wabash with meritor ABS. My trailer light does not come on and off lately and when applied the brakes ABS start working, I mean release brakes just for second and then again and again. When stoping trailer looks like is jumping because of the ABS. When disconnect some sensor ABS lights in the cab is on but not on the trailer . I was looking for a bad wire but so far no luck. I think there some issue with wires but can't find it.

10. Pickles6037

Pickles6037 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Need some help.. i got 2014 volvo pulling 2009 utility and everytime I apply the breaks abs light turns on both trailer and dash for about 3 seconds after that it goes off. At the same time for example if im backing up i can hear air releasing (not sure how to call it maybe "ticking"?) from the back. Where do i find which abs system i got? Anyway sorry for a noob questions i just got that setup and im pretty new to o/o Im hoping i can diagnose and fix this mysel if its something relatively easy instead of taking it to shop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.