Vacation time offered?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by All-American82, Nov 18, 2019.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i did read your first posting, but also the "catch" title of your thread. YOU have to understand, that HOW you ask a question, is what gets you the responses, good or bad...

YOU NEED to be respectful, if YOU want to maintain a pleasant experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2019
    Reason for edit: Remove previous insult
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Enough with the insults guys.

25(2)+2 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL

So, asking about Vacation time makes me a lazy, worthless, "banker" who's looking for as little work as possible!!! Is that right????

See, we can play this game all day long, but YOU are the exact reason I stay off this site. You will notice my start date. But I do not come here often because of people EXACTLY like you! Attack first, Do not CARE what the intention or question is!!! because YOU'VE been driving since 1844 and everyone else is a worthless idiot!!!

AGAIN, I was asking to figure out if this was the latest scam in acquiring new drivers!

Please stay to yourself and please ignore any of my posts, because I'm sure you don't want to waste your valuable time with a "banker"!!!

Have a nice day!

GSP2020 Thanks this.
  5. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    And another thing! DON'T THREATEN ME with "respect" !! You may want to take your own advice!!!

GSP2020 Thanks this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    At coke we get three weeks after six months. Jumps to four weeks at five years and I honestly don't know what the progression is after that but I know some of the guys with time in have six weeks.

All-American82 Thanks this.
  7. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Nothing wrong to work for a company that pays you to take time off.
    Some people confuse smart with lazy.

All-American82 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I get vacation pay, like you said.
    But that does not preclude me from taking time off for a vacation, if I decide to use that money to take time off.

All-American82 Thanks this.
  9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    that’s what I get, 6 weeks. Plus 6 personals (if I don’t use them I get an extra paycheck second week of December), plus all of the Monday holidays. A couple of them are “working holidays” , which are actually better- more $!!

I don’t blame anyone for asking about the vacation package. I wouldn’t consider agreeing to work at a company and not ask about the vacation policy.

All-American82 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. GSP2020

GSP2020 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2019
    DELETE - See Next Post

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  11. GSP2020

GSP2020 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2019
    All American 82, I'm pretty sure BuddyD is one of the Mods burner accounts. BuddyD does this all the time, but it's always the posters he insults who the mods go after, they never go after Buddy himself and he's given the green light to run his mouth all day long behind his keyboard.

BuddyD is retired and has 7000+ posts in a matter of two years on this forum alone. That's a WHOPPING 9.5 posts per day, actually just a little bit more than that. He has also claimed to regularly post on 2 or 3 other trucking sites as well.

I tell you this, AllAmerican82, because that's how sad this dude's life is. He retired from trucking, only to #### on people all day long on trucking websites.

He's a sad, bitter boomer who the mods give carte blanche to run his mouth behind his keyboard while banning those who rightfully call out his ########.

I just feel bad for his poor wife. He clearly doesn't pay her any attention if he's banging out 9.5 posts on this website alone per day. He pays more attention to his avatars than he does his own #### wife. Pathetic.

Like I said, it's probably one of the mods burner accounts

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.