Vacation time offered?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by All-American82, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    They delete my post because I said to ignore him and it wasn’t even insulting.

they wear a cape for him, probably have the same boomer mentality or something.

whatever, it is what it is. I just like how they call the young people snowflakes when they are the ones getting hurt on a forum.

All-American82 and GSP2020 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    99.9% of my driving has been in my own truck, but I can honestly say that the turkey I have always worked for never offered me a paid vacation, even after 40 years. I fooled him though and take all the time I want off. lol

JC1971, striker, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I work for the federal government and we get 440 hours of Annual Leave...which equals to 11 weeks of vacation or personal days. We also get accrued sick leave that rolls over year after year. So someone who worked for 30 years can get over 2000 hours of sick leave...which equals around a year or so...which you get paid when you retire.

Personally, I'm a workaholic and I enjoy my job. I wouldn't know what to do with all that time off...lol.

5. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    That's MY point. Thank you! Plus, like I stated, I was wondering if this was the latest scam to get new drivers. recruiters are ALWAYS coming up with some scam to obtain new drivers. And the amount of "vacation" just seemed out of line for what I know about the industry for a NEW driver to most companies!

I take my time off, I EARNED it!

Thank you for getting it!!! :)

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    Ya, my Ex wife works for the state of Texas and Holy cow. she could accrue the "paid time off". After her first couple of years, she was taking off months at a time.( by saving it and using it to benefit her wants/needs)

Sho Nuff and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    my wife goes to bingo, and babysits the grand kids, and bakes for the grand kids school events.

sometimes i babysit the kids here.

i am retired, i did MY TIME when some of you were still in diapers.

i earned my time, unlike many others here.

what difference does it make how many times i post here, or at other sites?

tv is boring, save for a football game.

you best need to know your opponent......

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    You didnt have no power steering either. These dang whipper snappers dont know what it is to be a real trucker lol.

9. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Thats absurd. Never, EVER, feel bad for a govt worker. Especially if theyre furloughed because of an impasse on the federal budget lol. I couldnt believe the virtue signaling going on when soup kitchens were offering govt workers free meals during the 2017 shut down.

10. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    You think that's absurd. These guys spent 60 + years of federal service. One of them has over 5000 hours of accumulated sick leave. I've NEVER heard of any government employee get that much.

Now THAT'S absurd :D;)

‘I’ve been fortunate’ | USPS News Link

Two thumbs up | USPS News Link

Good service | USPS News Link

Chicago mail handler marks 65 years of federal service

11. HazmatTanker

HazmatTanker Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2019
    the company I am at offers 5 weeks after 5 years. The norm is 1-2 weeks from what I've seen. The best I've seen is UPS they get 10 weeks off I believe (dont quote me on that). I've also seen more than a few good companies offer 4-5 weeks.

I can't speak for OTR or regional work.

All-American82 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.