Vacuum tanker....empty weights?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Floyd, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I had to switch, gas patch work slowed down to near nothing up here for now.

It pays about the same as where I was, its a local/regional job.

I'll be doing everything they do there, from flatbed/step-deck to dry/liquid bulk.

I'm pretty sure most of their liquid bulk work is acid/caustic but they haul anything they can in their pneumatic's and flatbeds.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    any ideas on why it is slow now? someone told me, very recently chesapeake was advertising on the radio.

4. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Chesapeake pulled alot of their operations out of the marcellus shale area, Gas prices are LOW less than 1/2 of what they were when this whole "boom" started. With gas prices as low as they are it isn't worth the high cost to frac a well, so they are drilling and capping alot of wells and waiting until gas prices rise to frac them. Taxation on the wells has increased in the past couple years as gas prices have fallen drastically so the work is trickling over to Ohio where they are hitting "wet" wells with liquefied gas (condensate) and crude oil, and Ohio's regulations on what happens to the waste-water from wells are much more lax than pennsylvanias.

In Ohio they can use Injection well's to dispose of waste-water that can't be treated and recycled due to high TDS (total dissolved solids), whereas in Pennsylvania we cannot do that.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.