Van Choice load board questions

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by drreid1958, Jun 3, 2018.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Any trucking job, it’s all about location. The choice program is designed for over the road trucking. If you have to be at a place at a certain time every week. It’s not going to happen here.

Opus Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Every week I go home, every week I leave money on the table but if I tried to do time off in multiple places at set times I'd go broke.

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    when I was OTR I wasnt on choice.

So from my understanding, he asked quite plainly if it would be possible to occasionally hit these spots. Assume family is near or at those locations.

SEVERAL drivers have made purposeful load strings to do this very thing. To my knowledge these drivers were successful on choice because of the work and effort put in. Which allowed for these purposeful trips.

from my seat ops questions were thoughtful and were fairly direct. Asking essentially for others experience. Not boastful about grand plans etc.... just is it possible to accomplish these things.

Maybe you guys can simply start answering questions as asked. AND offer pointers or opinions based on what was asked.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    well, Rat, you completely misunderstood my (and others) post(s).

My point was that obviously the OP's priorities seemed to be more aligned with the "paid tourist" rather than the successful businessman. I won't expound because it makes me tired.

So, in deference to you and the OP, here's the answer to his question..........you may go wherever you want in the contiguous 48 states (and District of Columbia), as your heart desires. You may take as much time off as you like. You may drive as fast as you like. You may buy and install as many chrome accessories as you like.

However, they'll still be looking for their $1100 every Friday.

Happy trails.

driverdriver and gentleroger Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    1) Can I get from Green Bay to/through SLC in a reasonable amount of time for decent money? I just need to do that once. I realize that "reasonable" and "decent" are subjective terms...just your opinion on the feasibility of that route would help me....I'm trying to decide if I should ship a bunch of stuff from SLC to Green Bay or work my way from Green Bay to SLC.

personally, if it were me, I'd ship the stuff. Green Bay isn't your problem, getting in and out of Salt Lake City is.

2) Can I get to or through the Ann Arbor or Fenton MIchigan area fairly easily from time to time for 34-48 hours?

Yes, there's a good bit of decent freight in that area.

3) Can I get to or through the Vail Colorado area fairly easily from time to time for 34-48 hours?

Colorado is a tough market both in and out. Remember, much like Florida, get your money ($2++) going in, because you won't get it going out.

4) Can I get to or through the Harford County MD or Baltimore area fairly easily from time to time for 34-48 hours? For a night?

Yes. Personally, if I never go to DC again I'll be a very happy man, (however my wife is making me go to Annapolis for vacation.). But that part of the world is good, not as a destination, but as a drive through.

5) Can I get to or through the Pittsburgh (east of it a bit actually) area fairly easily from time to time for 34-48 hours?

Yes. Plenty of freight in that neck of the woods.

6) How close can I get to south Florida and get a reasonable load out?

Generally, the Orlando / Tampa market is about as close as you're going to get to South Florida. Again, get your money going in, because about the best you're going to get going out is $1.

Are you happy now, Rat???

drreid1958 Thanks this.
  7. drreid1958

drreid1958 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan

8. drreid1958

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    I don't think a "paid tourist" mode of thinking was "obvious" at all. But, I appreciate the answers to my questions in your other post.

9. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    You can forget about GB to SLC not going to happen.
    And in general you can forget about going back and forth regularly. Your going to get stranded on one end or the other.
    Not even a hand full of loads going Midwest to West and visa versa.
    Majority of those go on rail or company truck.

10. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Loads... period.

11. drreid1958

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    I can't speak for Rat, but I am happy :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.