Vanco Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by dca, Apr 5, 2017.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Had a mishap today with the location of a customer, my out dated gps couldn't find it, if I have a connection I'll try google search for an address. google couldn't find either, I call the customer, someone answers.. yay.. this person gives me 3 addresses to use. one of them I is what I had.

I entered an address receiving gave out in the gps, this route took me through a part of stockton,; ca I hadn't seem before, tents were scattered every where. the homeless spoke without speaking

The address entered wasn't correct, I then tried the other. though not exact it was close enough to find my destination with a little guess work. no I didn't use google maps or look up photos to view of the area.

20170405_192420.jpg

I-5 ex 471 (CA 4 W)

it has a cat scale, fuel, security, limited parking along with a feel for what once was.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Good luck with that dump. You'll have every crack head and hooker known to man beating on your door all night. I made that mistake once, never again.

Finfn1372, skellr and dca Thank this.
  4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Used to be not such a good place. It has been on a track to recovery. Local law enforcment and the city counsel, started leaning on them with code enforcment and a few other things. Still need to keep an open eye and lock eveything.

They do have showers, not the best, but when you need one, it will work.

yard is just down the road, so never stay overnight. but have been in there at all sorts of hours.

Suspect Zero and dca Thank this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    There were 3-4 police units there dealing with something the last two times I've been there. Interesting place.

dca Thanks this.
  6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Spent the night, security ran off all the whatchamacallit's.Had a nice and peaceful stay. it's an old truck stop.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Ah Yes, the Vanco on Hwy 4 west from I-5, Stockton, Ca. We had a yard just down the road from there. They are a distributor for fuels and thus, have a fuel stop and CAT scale plue 20-30 FREE parking spaces. OK, so this may be different today, I admit, this was around 2001. And yes, the working girls will not let you sleep, but hey, this is trucking, right ? Ease on over to the Motel 6 parking lot over the freeway for a quiet night (har-har) of sleep.

dca Thanks this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    noticed a few people on and near the lot for perhaps, a variety of intent or, they just so happened to be there. I was not hassled nor hustled. I did see security shoo off a couple of what appeared to be the home less before I went to sleep, not a soul knocked through out the stay.

While waiting for the right time to park a fellow approached me to let me know some spaces were open, I was polite, he soon caught on and went about his way.

I passed by the truck stop on the way to my destination.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  9. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA

10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Passed by here not to long ago, had just enough time to make it to lodi, sounded better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.