VDO RoadLog

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by racemaxx24, Jan 25, 2020.

1. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    Seeing what everyone’s thoughts on the VDO RoadLog is? I see some older posts about it, not much recently. Looking for a device for our 1 truck/driver not for hire operation that is simple and keeps us compliant without unnecessary BS. Best I can tell I need to buy the device, a fleet key and driver key, plus an activation fee?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Port Man

Port Man Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2017
    VDO Roadlog is the best and easiest one out there. Buy it and you're done. 15 seconds to log in, 10 seconds to log out, all IFTA data is a click or 2 away and tech support responds immediately if needed. Had mine for 2 years as a single truck, O/O. You only need the Driver Key.

4. Gary L

Gary L Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2020
    I recently bought the VDO RoadLog.
    I have been disappointed with customer support via email, but like the unit & Solo option.
    I run mostly ag commodity exempt. I annotate those hours on the unit BUT I have not found a way to print those exemptions & annotations from the unit. Am I missing something or what is the proper way to be prepared for a road stop.

5. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I think all of your annotations will be on your road side inspection report.
    If you have a solo you have three options to transfer to dot.
    USB key
    Bluetooth
    Printable report

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.