Veltri a theif!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mail Contractor Driver, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Mail Contractor Driver

Mail Contractor Driver Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2014
    This guy has been doing it for years according to the drivers I spoke with. I have been with them for two months and it took almost a month to get first paycheck because of pay schedule. I was told one thing and then another all lies. No contract signed just know Post Office contractors have to pay every minuite you work and by the hour. This is on every trucking contract don't believe me look it up for yourself. ITS THE LAW UNDER THE SERVICE CONTRACT ACT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link to the DOL website!!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Look I will suggestion something to you but you will not be working there if a full IG inspection happens. IF what I put in bold is true and you have proof, then include it otherwise shut up about it and complain about the contract issues.

Contact the legal consul of the USPS through their email - ethics.help@usps.gov OR contact the Office of Inspector General of the USPS - 1-888-877-7644 to ask them what department you need to contact about contract fraud. IF YOU talk to someone about this issue, do it in a concise manner, make sure you have a complete set of documents that you can hand them (like copies of logs if you do logs, pay stubs, any other proof that you have to provide them a clear reason to do a spot inspection) and then be prepared to find another job.

4. Mail Contractor Driver

Mar 8, 2014

Already working on getting another job. Thanks for the information.

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Since you mention by the hour. Do you punch out/in on a time clock or is it the "honor" system?

Are you subcontracted to this other contractor or simply an employee? If subcontracted, then you should have a contract with them. They in turn will be contracted to the USPS.

If you are subcontracted and without a contract of what the agreement is between you (subcontractor) and the contractor, except by word of mouth it will be hard pressed for you to state your case. What the USPS contracts with the contractor is one case, what the contractor and you the subcontractor state on a "contract" is another.

http://about.usps.com/manuals/ipm/html/ipmc9_008.html

6. Mail Contractor Driver

Mar 8, 2014
    Honor system and I work for contractor Veltri as a employee.

7. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    The Post Office sets the hours for each route. Say a mail run from Harrisburg, Pa to Jersey City, NJ the Post Office tells the mail contractor how much per hour and how many hours he is to pay the drivers for the run. If however, a breakdown or weather related delay happens, then the mail contractor is compensated by the Post Office and in return the contractor is to pay the driver. Same for holiday pay.

I am very aware of the illegal actions of some mail contractor and it seems that the government isn't a bit concern about it. The FBI came in on a mail contractor near me a few months ago, nobody knows what it was all about and not a word has come out yet. But they are not going shut this contractor down, he has over 500 trucks out there running mail and there is no way that the government is going to do a thing.

p608 and Monro Thank this.
  8. Mail Contractor Driver

Mar 8, 2014
    The contractor with 500 trucks that was raided by the FBI is that Beam Brothers? I think I heard about them big investigation he is doing the same thing as Veltri paying trip pay and making the drivers go over hours. Hell Veltri had guys working 100 hours a week during Xmas!!!!!

Monro Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Why don't you leave??..

10. Mail Contractor Driver

Mar 8, 2014
    I have just gave notice yesterday.

11. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    I see you veltri guys every day. Ive talken to a few of u in jersey city,kearny and philly. I know the one guy i talked to said he does 2 loads a day from langhorne to jersey city and he gets paid by the trip. Hes always a lil pissed if the warehouse holds him up. Other guys said they were paid hourly which confuses me since the usps gives a set amount of hours per load. so if ur run took 9 hours but only pays for 8 do u get 9 or only 8? and make up extra time moving trailers around the yard or doing some extra stuff? Trust me i just made a smiliar posting wondering if my company is being honest with my pay as well. 5 hours tho is alot of time for a company to pay for sitting in traffic. I think mine would pay me but they would certainly huff and puff bout it. Actually they ran me to philly in a january snow storm when i denied the load and i wound up hitting a car and the whole process from the cops showing up to taking a drug test look like 7 hours. best believe i was on the clock for all that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.