Venezia

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SmokeMac, Mar 6, 2011.

1. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I'll be rolling out tomorrow afternoon for Pottstown and start orientation on Monday morning.....the tanker yanker world will have another member soon !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Welcome aboard Ground pounder. I think you will start out slow doing alot of 250 mile loads. The important thing is to make your appointment times. I am starting to get the longer runs now went to Chicago the week before last, then went to Grand Rapids this week and Indianappolis this coming week. Like I said the biggest thing is to make your apppointment times.

groundpounder Thanks this.
  4. groundpounder

Nov 13, 2009
    I ended up bailing man, did one day of orientation thought about where/how they run and changed my mind running around the northeast just didn't appeal to me...

Headed for Indian River Transport start on Tuesday....

be safe out there..

Mike

5. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Watch it GP your gonna be as bad as me if you ain't careful. :biggrin_25523: J/K good luck at IR.

groundpounder Thanks this.
  6. groundpounder

Nov 13, 2009
    I think you and me are out of the same mold....ha ha

I don't know how "outlaw" IRT is anymore but I'm fix'n to find out.. :biggrin_25522:

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  7. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Sorry to hear that GP and wish you luck at IR. I am now starting to get away from the North East. To tell you the truth I am starting to miss the NE because it gives me 500 miles a day. He always deadheads me back when I am empty on the short hauls. When I do go out on the longer runs he always like to bring me back loaded. It pays me 4 cents more a mile but I have to dingle dangle around waiting to get my tank washed and get to appointment times. I would rather come straight back grab another trailer and go get loaded again.

GP you didn't go to Venezia because if anything I told you. Just want to make sure I didn't sugar coat anything.

8. groundpounder

Nov 13, 2009
    its all good, your posts are what got me interested again I appreciate your info...

Its all on me I'm just better suited for long haul is all..

9. groundpounder

Nov 13, 2009
    I almost called the guy back who owns the truck in my avatar to see if I could get back in it......then I remembered all the grocery warehouses and cold storages I used to run and came to my senses..

10. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Ha Ha yeah i heard that. My new gig will be dealing with cold storage facilities and grocery warehouses again, but, in a whole different light. Delivering dry ice which they are basically very dependent on and since we are a private fleet going to the same facilities over and over we pretty much can come and go as we please and for the most part will have no appointment times or lumper bs to deal with.

11. SmokeMac

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Well my DM is staarting to realize what kind of MFer he is FNing with. I have been going to from South Jersey to the Midwest alot lately and this mornig I am going to South Geargia. I was offered a load to Iowa but I have a Doctors appointment Friday and he wasn't sure If he could get me back in time. This works out better for me any how because I my Son lives in Savannah and this will give me an oppertunity to see him.

I am not sure if this long stuff pays any better than the short stuff. If I stay in the North East he always bring me right back to South Jersey for another load. When I am out he always trys to get me a back haul. Then I wind up fiddle farting around at tank washes for a day trying to get ready for a load.

I talk to drivers alot who came over from pulling a box and they rave about how great it is pulling a tank. All I know is pulling a tank, with my speciality in Petroleum. I am used to loading and unloadind my self. If I had my drothers I would rather load and unload. On the flip side it takes a lot of the liabillity off me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.