Veriha driving academy

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Armybrat, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Armybrat

Armybrat Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2018
    This so called academy is a farce. If someone pays or an agency pays they are being ripped off. The training is below industry standards. The trainers on the road just train for driver to past training criteria to become certified.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @VIDEODROME works there and has a different opinion.

Vic Firth, VIDEODROME and Puppage Thank this.
  4. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I did a refresher there as I was already experienced, so I didn't go through the whole Academy experience. I'm not even sure how they do driving and backing instruction for totally new students. I did 1 week of typical boring classroom stuff and fortunately only 1 week with a trainer on the road. They have students stay at a nice Best Western.

As for the trainers on the road, that will vary a lot anywhere. Mine was a wise-### but basically okay(just glad he wasn't a psycho like a trainer I had at a previous company I quit). One person from my class got fast tracked to being a road trainer so I'm honestly not sure what to think of that. Also, I think there has been turnover in Safety/Training staff so I'm not sure if things have changed a lot in the office.

As for payment, I did the year contract deal and I've been here a year and a half so that's covered.

You could do a lot worse. I will say they have some ####ty customers though.

5. bigbirdie

bigbirdie Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2018
    I went through the Veriha Academy as well and have nothing but good things to say about it. Yes, it was quick and I wish we had more time to practice backing before taking the CDL road test. But I went in with the goal to learn as much as possible could in the short amount of time and tried to have a good attitude about it.
    Do I have things that irritate me out here? Absolutely....but it has to do with issues regarding trucking in general and not Veriha.
    Would totally recommend it for new drivers.

6. NightOwl2350

NightOwl2350 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Michigan
    Hey bigbirdie,
    got a call from Veriha and app, you got any more info on these guys, I spoke to one of there recruiters and she was a little vague on info, was wondering what there like, Holland asked me to drive for them after I get out of cdl school, I had to do it over again, been to long but not forgotten, had 5 years under me, they were excited about that.
    thanks
    jim

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.