Verizon Unlimited Back

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Balakov100, Feb 12, 2017.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Problem with the cheaper phones is they don't have all the features of an expensive phone.

My Samsung s6 got broke. So I paid for the new Samsung j3. $168. It was going to cost me $150 to wait for a refurbished phone s6 to come back using the insurance. So I opted for a brand new phone model. CHEAP. And it sucks. I switched back to sprint with the same cheap phone model. Besides what it misses like verizon. It also don't have a zoom feature on the camera. Have to zoom the screen. typing on both phones was and is the worst.

I'm holding out for the s8.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billindelicato

billindelicato Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I'm holding out for the new iPhone... too many scary stories involving Samsung... the note 4 was the best phone they ever made!!!!!!

4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Or you could have read my post and gotten all of that information first hand from an honest reliable source.

I take no prisoners when it comes to mobile wireless services. I'll tell it like it is.

Is Verizon expensive? You betcha! Do they have the largest and most reliable service area of all of the mobile carriers that I have personally tried? Absolutely. No one comes close to the service coverage that Verizon has. They are the best,.. period.

If someone wants a more affordable service,.. then go with Sprint or one of the pre-paid sub-par secondary services.

I would not suggest Verizon for people who never travel or who stay mainly in metro areas. IF you just need a phone to work at home and thats what gets you excited. Then Verizon would probably only upset you. Yes you will have great service,.. but probably not any better than anyone else. Verizon is more for someone like me who's business relies on a wireless carrier to have the largest coverage and service area and to have the best quality of service in that area. Thats who needs Verizon.

Hurst

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I remember when verizon catered strictly to bussiness.

I can't for the likes of me figure out why all the people who DON'T travel. don't mind giving their paychecks away for phone service. When there are tons of carriers that work just as good.

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Talk about irony!

My Note4 bricked itself today. I absolutely loved this phone! I was reading a PDF fille,.. tried to zoom in on a section and poof,.. it rebooted itself. It had been doing this off and on for the last 2 months. But it always rebooted back up. This time nope,.. it would do the post screen and the keep rebooting in an endless loop,.. over and over. Had to pull the battery to get it to stop. ##### sucked big hairy sweaty man balls. I have insurance,.. but the way it works is they will send a phone to the house. Does me no good while out on the road.

So stopped in the middle of a snowed in street in Seabrook, NH. Literally in the median section of the road. Set the 4-ways on and walked into the store. LOL

Figures,.. small town America,.. They had S7's but no Note4's and I did not want a Note5. Side by side comparison,.. the S7 screen was too small for what I wanted. So opted for the LG V10 For $280. Has the same size screen as the Note phones,.. slightly less processor but larger battery, 4 gb of ram and 64gb of internal storage plus it excepted the 128gb micro SD card from my Note4. I was looking at the V20,.. but for the money it did not offer anything conclusive to justify the $650 they wanted for it. Plus the V20 uses the USB-C port for the charger,.. everything I have is still set up for the old micro-USB port. Plus,.. insurance should have my new Note4 phone delivered by the time I get home. This phone is only temporary.

So far the LGV10 seems like a pretty decent phone. It does not have the stylus pen like the Note phones do. Most dont need it. I use it for signing permits for states that dont readily accept unsigned digital permits. It has the power and volume buttons on the back. I like the buttons on the side better. I dont have an Otterbox case for this one yet. Not paying $60 at the Verizon store when I can get one for $20 and free shipping from Amazon. I strongly recommend the LG V10 as an affordable alternative to the Samsung Note4 or Note5. Has a nice clear large screen. Easy to read. Note noticing any performance issues or lack there of compared to the Note4. Everything is smooth and does what its supposed to do. Is it an Iphone killer? Nah,.. probably not. But then,.. its only 1/4 the price.

As for the Verizon unlimited switch,....

So far so good. I have not noticed any difference. I'm at 37gb for my billing cycle and I have not noticed any lag or problems doing anything I need. Hotspot works perfectly. Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu and Pandora all working perfectly. Did a 4.8 GB Verizon Cloud restore to my new phone,..(Contacts, messages, files, etc) took roughly 45 mins to complete. Thats upper 4G speeds,.. even out here in small town America. Currently in Corrina, Me. This is why I love Verizon and dont mind paying a little extra to have this type of service.

Hurst

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  7. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Called Verizon today. After 25 minutes on hold found out that if I switched to the new unlimited plan, my bill would increase by $37 a month. Typical Verizon.

8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I could've been paying for a Harley for what I paid for data. Glad this happened. Let's see for how long it lasts. They always come back to strike us.

9. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Switch and enjoy.
    Some of us are still on the old Unlimited plan.

Chances are if they get rid of it in the future they will keep it for the customers that are on it. Just like they did with the old Unlimited plan.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.