Verizon wireless sucks !

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Cat sdp, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ThatFlatbedGuy2013

ThatFlatbedGuy2013 Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Somewhere in the US of A
    I feel the same. I don't think anyone has good service in Wyoming. When I was with straight talk the only place I got service was Cheyenne and Larame. After that I didn't get service again until I was in Salt Lake City. But it also depends on your phones, antenna on what network its designed to receive. Two phones, same service but different models...one might get good service but the other not so good.

Sent from your local FBI Surveillance Van

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. joshd

joshd Bobtail Member

May 28, 2013
    gridley california
    I worked for verizon and feel they were very good to me. Was this a person or a recording? Depending on the person it can be a mess. Not sure how its determined but I've never really seen people cut off after such a short time usually a month or more which is pretty standard and it starts with outbound calls not inbound. You can setup arrangements as well. I've heard horror stories about some of the stores. Pricing is high but service is the best do some research no one can argue against that maybe in certain areas (very few) best data speeds to. If I were trucking now I'd want verizon. That said I had a good experience with tmobile when I was with them and have generally had a good experience with my current carrier straight talk (so cheap!)

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I am trying to understand something here... I used to have unlimited data usage with Verizon although I don't use much the internet. But then, I was convinced to change to 4 GBs and save $ 10.00 a month... so I did. Well.... got a msg from them on 06/10 saying I had used about 50% of my allowance, which was normal. But today, got one msg in the morning saying I had used 75% and later this evening another msg saying I had used 90%! :biggrin_2554: But all I have done today was to watch videos for a few hrs on YouTube... I wonder if that causes the quick rise on data usage... Does anybody know? I am not a very internet savvy...

Anyway, I called Vezizon this evening and was told I should change my plan to 6 GBs for $ 10.00 more... :biggrin_25511: Otherwise I would be paying $ 15.00 more per GB beyond my allowance. :biggrin_2554: Well, since my paying cycle is on the 22nd.... and I was close to reach my limit, I agreed with it... But I don't know.... have a feeling that was a trick... :biggrin_2552:

I wish I had stayed in the unlimited plan I was before. But they don't offer that anymore... :biggrin_25510:

6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Yes streaming video will burn up your gigs. You really got screwed when you gave up your unlimited plan

7. ThatFlatbedGuy2013

Feb 4, 2013
    Somewhere in the US of A
    Yep. Just a trick to get u off the unlimited wagon. Videos do eat your data. Couple hours of HD movies a day will drain 4 gb easily. Low res same story but not as bad. If ya just plan on using data for streaming movies...probably good to get 20 gb or more to support that kind of usage.

Rocks Thanks this.
  8. joshd

joshd Bobtail Member

May 28, 2013
    gridley california
    yeah data will use up quick when watching youtube netflix etc. I average around 100-200gigs a month downloading movies and music for myself and family so unlimited is nice. Also you have this NSA stuff to which is a concern but honestly we've known about it or should have for like 6 years. On the data front use wifi whenver you can and regularly check usage also check with a tech because for awhile there I had customers who had issues with devices and or other people accessing them or reporting issues on our end many of them were not using more data

9. ThatFlatbedGuy2013

Feb 4, 2013
    Somewhere in the US of A
    Well, the NSA authed to pull records once during a certain timeframe. Now they have the auth to do it at will.

10. Angry123

Angry123 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2018
    What I don't know is how they can threaten disconnect & charge late fees for a service when they are billing a month in ADVANCE.
    Seems more than a little dishonest to me. It makes me think the company may be insolvent, when considered with what they're doing to their employees and their pay and benefit packages.

11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    LOL

You actually took the time to register on a trucking forum just to say that?

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.