Very high value load...

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TurtlesLikeI, Aug 23, 2017.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    This what happens when you let a 3pl handle your shipment, they knew it was a one time move and didn't care enough to get the right equipment.

not4hire Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    not4hire Thanks this.
  4. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Obviously a Schneider executive.

5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Of course that's Schneider's stance same as HHMG miles are still the industry standard.

Funny thing is as a driver pulling an air ride is way smoother than a spring ride. As a company I can see them not spending the money but just because some Internet guy in GB can write a post disputing a difference doesn't make it fact.

But from experience, air ride is smoother than spring.

Next Sni will want us to believe spring ride tractors are the same as air ride.

Either way it's a moot point Sni will probably find a way to blame someone else.

But I'm just a driver so what do I know, I don't have a script on a computer screen to read from.

91B20H8 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    And also Recruiter.

7. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I would have thought something like this would have been flown on it's very own Fed Ex plane. Then very carefully delivered from the airport and inspected for damage during all phases of transit.
    Not thrown in the back of a spring ride Sni trailer, wrapped with orange straps and delivered by someone who may or may not know how to tie their shoes. Handwritten BOL? Too much stupid going on too even take a guess at who is to blame. Good lord

TennMan, not4hire, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010

What's a "strap"?

Seriously what's the bet that they loaded the thing in cardboard boxes, the driver strapped with a ratchet strap and cranked until he couldn't crank no more?

@TennMan - if you actually read the article carefully you'll note that Schneider admits that air ride is superior, just not worth the cost for most customers. IE Nestle Waters, or IFCO, or anything over 35,000 pounds. Light, fragile loads Schneider admits air ride is preferred

TennMan, not4hire and sealevel Thank this.
  9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    tucker Thanks this.
  10. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I don't understand any of it. Shouldn't a one of a kind super computer be transported in climate control? Probably sat for 5 days at a drop lot somewhere in a 95 series in 105' heat with a hole in the roof. Lol

11. davidjonathanpowell

davidjonathanpowell Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I have had a few of those loads with Schneider. I know your not allowed to stop anywhere in Atlanta except the term down there. Crime is horrible in ATL

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.