very important question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dale.p1013, Feb 12, 2015.

1. dale.p1013

dale.p1013 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2015
    I recently graduated from ait and got my cdl. I went with pride transport. They did a urine and hair drug test. I passed the urine but failed the hair test. I used to take a medication called citalopram which I think caused the positive. I called Shepard and Watkins and in order to go there they want my drug results. I did tell pride I used to take the medication and told dot when I did my physical. Pride let me go because of the positive. I don't know what to do now. I don't use drugs at all. Any help?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Something made you fail. Get a doctors note to show it caused failure. Also learn the companies name you want to work for. Its watkins and shepherd l.

tucker Thanks this.
  4. redgod7

redgod7 Light Load Member

May 18, 2013
    Detroit, MI
    Hair tests are expensive. Most companies only do urine. Just apply at a different company and DO NOT tell them you tested positive on a hair test.

5. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Wouldn't the positive hair test come up in records?

6. dale.p1013

Jan 13, 2015
    First off it doesn't matter how I type the companies name. I don't do drugs and I don't have reason to lie. I have been off the medication for 8-10 months.

7. dale.p1013

Jan 13, 2015
    Yes it's now in the records. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm just unsure what to do or how to handle this problem

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    If all this is true, and you have a doctor who will vouch for recently having you on Celexa (citalopram) and perhaps have an Rx record that shows the recent acquisition of Celexa, I'd do whatever I could do to contest the dismissal on drug screen result. But Celexa is a common attempt to protect against a positive amphetamine

x#1 Thanks this.
  9. dale.p1013

Jan 13, 2015
    It's the only thing I can think of. I still have the empty bottle. The medication is the only thing that would cause a positive. I looked online and that medication can cause a positive.

10. redgod7

redgod7 Light Load Member

May 18, 2013
    Detroit, MI
    Not necessarily. The company has to report it. I refused to take one once and quit. Then I went to another company and they didn't say anything.

11. dale.p1013

Jan 13, 2015
    The other company knows I was at pride transport and they told me they will have to request drug test results.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.