very important question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dale.p1013, Feb 12, 2015.

1. dale.p1013

dale.p1013 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2015
    It's for amphetamines

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I seriously hope you are not on anything but prescribe meds, by a doctor. Just please try to understand that even in the very short time I have been here on these boards, many ask about drug screening and hair/urine samples, and from MY past experience, means that someone is trying to hide the truth.

You really will need to take the bottle with you, as I do believe you said you did. Now usually the MRO (medical review officer) from the drug testing lab, calls you at what ever phone number you provided at the test site.

It IS highly possible the MRO tried calling you, and you missed the call. I am not sure they leave a message for you to call back, I think it's a one time deal, to answer your phone, but since I never tested positive myself, I cannot confirm that.

Since you no longer take the meds that your doctor prescribed, there is a time frame, for some drugs to get out of your system. Someone else familiar with that, can help you, I cannot.

Your DAC report will speak volumes of you in relation to the drug screening. You will then have to send a re-buttal to DAC with maybe a certified/notarized letter from your doctor explaining the positive test results. Now whether or not HireRight/DAC accepts that letter from the doctor, I am not sure, but you really want as much in your favor, over nothing at all.

Best of luck, let's see how this plays out for you!

4. dale.p1013

Jan 13, 2015
    Yes some did call me from the lab. I talked to them about the test. From what she told me they didn't test to see if it was from medication or not. She just said all she can say is it was a positive test. Now as I remember I was at my sister's house a week ago and I believe her boyfriend was doing meth. So is it possible that's how I got a positive reading? They did take the hair from my arm. Other then that and my meds I honestly do no do meth.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Uh Dale? I think it is probably time you just move on into another line of work. Good luck.

6. dale.p1013

Jan 13, 2015
    Why? Why would you even say that. I'm far from a drug addict and I'm a very safe driver. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I know I haven't done drugs so that's what matters. Sorry to those that think I did. Thanks for all the wonderful advice that is all I have to say

7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I say that dale, because I believe it to be true. I'm not accusing you of being a drug addict. I did not mean it to come across that way. What I am saying here though, is I think from everything I've read, that you are beating your head against a brick wall. Sometimes we have to look at the reality of a given situation, and then just make the most of it.

Again, no offense is meant here.

8. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    Aww, Dale, Dale, Dale......

Here I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Now you say your sisters boyfriend was doing drugs, and you wonder if that caused you to test positive?

Well, yeah actually, if you took a pile of that crap, spread it all over the floor, or bed, and rolled and rolled in it till it got into your pores.

C'mon now dude, I tried to be open minded, I tried to be nice, but now I have to say, you're a liar.

Not only a liar, but the worst kind, one that does not think his lies are lies, but the truth.

G'bye, I have to step out of this one, you are not worth anymore of my time, help, advice. Sad part here though, is that I cannot get back the time I spent here trying to help.

Thank you for taking away my time helping you, when I could have been helping a real honest person.

9. Danvitt

Danvitt Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Why in the heck would you stay in the say room with someone smoking meth knowing you have an upcoming drug test? With your whole career dependent on it? Are you sure you weren't high? Sorry but I had to ask. It would be best if you had shared all info in the first post rather then saying "well I just remembered a week ago.. "

btw, the drug has to be ingested into the body somehow before it will show up in your hair. Simply being in the room and it getting on your hair won't cause a positive. it's within the hair, not on the hair.

10. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
  11. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    I love this site...where else can you get this kinda stuff...I mean this is awesome. I figured you were full of it after the 28th time you said..."I don't do drugs."

Big Don, Cowboy007 and G.Anthony Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.