Volvo D-16 problems

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Sandlapper, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    If you have problems with your turbo, get a company like BD Diesel to rework it. They do a great job and no more problems. Mine was a 2007 D16, natural 625 turned up to 700. Dealer rebuilt with all the issues corrected prior. Even 85,000 after the rebuild, the oil remained gold. No pollution crap, and the egr was defeated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Loadpuller

Loadpuller Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2019
    How much was the rebuild and where did u go

4. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    I bought it just after the dealer job. As memory serves, the bill to the previous owner was $32k.

5. clarkey1984

clarkey1984 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2019
    We've got a 551kw D16 MH here in the UK at my work used to run a high pressure water jetting pump, it's ok in the winter time but at this time of year always running hot, in winter water temp tops out at 83 degrees and oil temp sits at 105, this time of year water temp is always around 100 and we've had 114 on the oil temp readout before shutting it down in case it broke something, it's ok on power under load (usually) but often idles like ####, when winding down to tickover after coming off load it idles really rough and sometimes cuts out, it's died while under load and at revs quite a bit too, warning of fuel delivery pressure low, it's had a new pump, new lines, double and triple checked for leaks, about 10 sets of new filters, still does it, I don't know how it equates to miles but the engine is now on 2100 hours and it gets an oil change every 500 or thereabouts, uses about a gallon of oil every 50 hours or so, got a real thirst, thinking about dropping down to 10w30 instead of 15w40 to try and get the oil temp down but with lower viscosity it'll probably burn even more.

6. AsphaltNick

AsphaltNick Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Where did you get the dfeat done? I can't find anyone who knows what they are doing on this engine

7. Volvo625hp

Volvo625hp Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2020

Have you ever found out where was vibration coming from I got same problem and I spent ton of money and it’s still vibrating

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.