Volvo D13 /2010 low oil presure

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Johny41, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Johny41

Johny41 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Any Volvo geeks on duty Friday evening?:)
    I have exactly same symptoms like this guy on YouTube, oil presure low around 30, buzzer on and off,
    Code Mid128 pid100 fmi 1, shows oil pump possible cause:
    Oil leak, broken oilpump, clogged oil system.
    but I got another code Mid144 psid 200 fmi9, communication interferance , datalink engine control module, abnormal update rate, ecm msg not recived.

Could be oil pump or bad oil pressure sensor/harness ? O remember last time my oil pressure was bad, oil pressure was zero.
    Any tips,plz?

2. Johny41

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Disregard this thread, I found the problem. Yesterday i asked the guys at local Volvo to retorque my air compressor bolts, were a bit lose they instaled it last year.
    The oil sensor is right in front of air compressor, looks like they made some room to stick a wrench in there.:);)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    QUALITYTRUCK and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  3. Johny41

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I drove less than a mile on I-57 IL, after the buzzer came on oil pressure 30psi pulled off the highway when I got on the ramp derated bad lost power and in 5 seconds the motor stopped. After i noticed the sensor broken, I played with the harness, secured it to stop moving with zip ties and it start showing oil pressure very high 100psi. I drove it like that 120 miles, to Volvo in Sikeston, Mo , got a sensor.
    Interesting how the derate /engine shutt down program works, the buzzer came on and derate at low oil pressure only .
    I paid 75$ at Volvo , but i see it for
    12$ at Wall Mart ,(not sure if works:) I'm going to keep one truck like spare light bulbs, saves lot of money on towing or road assistance. The crankcase pressure sensor goes bad and stops the motor more often .
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/FOR-VOLV...oq7mnqV8odRoaY8fFF13kG09dc81IWLEaAu-iEALw_wcB

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  • Draft saved Draft deleted