VOLVO D13 - I-shift transmission air leak

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by JerryD13, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Capital B

Capital B Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Greetings,

I wanted to see if it was possible you could post a imagine of the part. Im having the same issues.

Please see the attached picture. Is this the part?

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadtoEmmaus

RoadtoEmmaus Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2014

4. Capital B

Capital B Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2019

Appreciate the reply, I was just about to message back and say NVM lol.

The shop is telling me I needed that sensor. The say thats the code that they are getting.

Heres my issue. When I step on the gas pedal the trucks is jerking forward as if slammed on the gas pedal, Its also delayed.

Secondly, when I put it in reverse it wont realize its in reverse until i start pressing the pedal. Also delayed, and it Jerks.

Lastly when I put my truck from Neutral to Drive, the truck goes from E- mode to L- mode. When I looked up L mode its stands for Limp Mode and it wont allow me to drive. I have to shut the truck off and on again for its to go into E mode.

The transmission is not slipping, and it shifts fine. But I am getting the same check transmission message, and I also do get the low air for transmission message when I first start the truck after its been off for a while.

If you or anyone else has experienced it please feel free to share.

Attached Files:

5. RoadtoEmmaus

RoadtoEmmaus Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Low air is a leak somewhere.
    But i can be leaking inside transmission.

Air up your truck and turn off. Go under truck under transmission if you could. There is a hole under transmission bellhousing.
    Put your ear there. If your hear a leak, place your hand over it to see if it quiets down.

If leak is from inside, then you have no choice but to go to shop. I shift uses air for shift changes not oil like the rest.

Its at least a 4k job if thats what it is. Transmission has to come down.

If not leaking there then you have to follow the lines over the transmission. There are two 1/2 inch line. One on drivers side other on passenger side of transmission.

They leak alot. I have changed those fittings out yearly for leaks.

Other than that get an oil and filter change if have not done so. Its about 500 at dealer.

Outside of going to dealer not sure what else. Maybe your actual shifter control is shot?

6. Capital B

Capital B Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2019

Just got Oil and filter changed 10k miles ago with fully synthetic oil. Trucks already at the shop lets pray its just that pressure sensor. Will update. Thanks for all of the replies.

7. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Correct sensor #21068286. Located under TECU cover on top of transmission. Should only be changed by someone who has done it before. Very delicate. Big $$ if something goes wrong. They don't fail very often. Biggest reason they do is water in air system.

8. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    What it sound like to me is either brake pedal sensor is off and something is not working properly with this or clutch actuator is going also possible valve for actuator. Check trans is universal for all codes need a little bit more specific code. Check the little spring under the brake pedal make sure that is not popped or adjusted properly has micro switch at the other end.

9. v6killer

v6killer Medium Load Member

Dec 6, 2010
    ChicagoLand
    The biggest problem with all auto manual transmissions they are run on air coming from the air dryer, if you don't change your air dryer filter at least twice a year you're going to have problems long-term !

10. Slajeuness

Slajeuness Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2020
    I have a 2015 Volvo with Ishift. I parked at truck stop and everything was fine. Next day put truck in gear to leave and nothing. No throttle does not feel as if its going unto gear. It will free roll with it in gear. I am not having any issue holding air pressure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.