Volvo D13 injector cups fail again !

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Johny41, Jul 12, 2014.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Still is adjustable

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Oh my truck is 2013 with the little stalk on right side stearing column. Off, A, 1, 2 and 3. The little toggle switch adjusts what speed I want it to kick on

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Update: truck in Rochester Conway Volvo shop. They are pulling injectors now. Will let you know more when I get the info. This shop is good to me. Usually 24hr turnaround.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Sorry for late reply. Had injectors replaced again. Took truck out for a week. Saw improvement in fuel economy. Power doesn't feel the same...seems a little neutered now. Had a wicked vibration when using the jakes on setting 3 at 1450 rpm so I took it back to Rochester. They found my EGR valve wasnt closing all the way. Had to have it replaced. Also had a check engine light for def tank heater low voltage/short. That came in after getting truck washed at the streakin beacon. They found 2 wires rubbed through on harness. Repaired that CEL gone. While there was tempted by a new 2018 780 with the new engine. Come with 500k mile 5yr warranty on engine, trans, aftertreatment, chassis, sensors and Harness. 750k mile warranty on the trans. Im thinking about it really hard. They want $151k for it after taxes and warranties.

6. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Oh and they told me my turbo is starting to bind in the fully closed position. And the jakes still suck dooky in this truck.

7. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Amram, learn from my mistake. :) I got my D13/08 in june "07, new motor on the market, not really bad but i had to deal with all the glitches and updates time wasted in shops ; I would wait a year see how's running , let them fix the design flaws. I just watched the thread posted by Dustinbrock below about dual-turbo on new D13 ;, i'm not very enthusiastic, maybe saves on fuel loses but on reliability, more moving parts means more things to wear out and break down in any machinery.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  8. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    The dual turbo is an option. Called Turbo compounding. You dont have to get it if you don't want. Tbh I don't think it is worth the $10k upcharge for it.

9. Victoria bc

Victoria bc Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2017
    I have Volvo 2013 d13. Just bought I noticed that it takes some time to start. I would say 10 second and I don't know whether it's a injectors problem or something else. Pls advise

10. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    How many miles? Also you reslly should take it back to where you purchased the truck.

11. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Take it to Volvo and have a air fuel test done. You either have a leaking cup/cups or the fuel filter block has gone bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.