volvo dash cluster gauges

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Edgar2191, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Edgar2191

Edgar2191 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
    so im looking into buying a volvo I noticed that some dashboards come with air brake sensors , and turbo gauges others don't why ? And if i buy one with out the extra gauges how hard is it to add them and how much. Can it be done I like having them and keeping an eye on more things

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    The ones that come with the extra gauges are just options installed on the truck it's better to buy it how you want it. Because although you can add a suspension load gauge on volvo relatively easy it is extremely hard to add a turbo boost gauge of truck doesn't have it so its better to buy it how you like it.

4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    on most newer Volvo's 05 and up if you want the turbo boost gauge or any of the optional gauges all you need to do is buy a new dash with the gauges in it or a wrecking yard would work but get the vin# so the dealer can programed the ecm to show them....

all the trucks have all the wiring for all the gauges and the ecm is programed to use all the gauges, the ecm knows the turbo psi, pyro trmp and the like all the time you just need a dash with the gauges so you can see them...

5. Edgar2191

Edgar2191 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Its going to be an 09 Volvo. But the second post says its hard to add a turbo gauge the third says its alrdy wired who's right? And what about the brake application that shows how much psi you used when breaking? We have a scale were I work so I wasn't to worried about the suspension gauge but now that you mention it I don't think I have seen a Volvo with it yet at least not in the instrument panel

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    adding a extra gauge is hard as all the wiring goes to the ecm...

but if you just change the dash to the one with the gauges you want you just need to have the programing done..

remember the trucks ecm has to know what the turbo is doing so it can make changes to the turbo psi and adj other setting as needed...

call your Volvo dealer to see what gauges your Volvo COULD have had....and order the one you need

it's like if your Volvo has fog or driving light but not both it's ez to change to the driving/fog light set just get the new fog/driving light set, add a piece if wiring and reprogram the lcm... uses the same switch and fues

7. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I have turbo boost gauge old style with needle but, front and rear suspension pressure,,transmission and both differentials temperature,voltage, GPS ,temp oil are integrated in digital GAUGES ,you can set it to show you what you want.

8. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I know for a fact that not every volvo has a load psi gauge one can be put in but u have to run air lines and not every volvo comes with a pyrometers some dont even have the connections for it as for boost in sure the computer can be programmed with a new dash as at as diffs and trans go most of them have the temps on you're DIC along with alternator voltage and outside temp and you're oil temp as well I don't know what other gauges you would be looking for but I think that covers everything

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    my o6 has a dash light for HIGH exhaust temperatures.... that would require the truck have a pyrometer..... all dpf truck have to have one so the ecm can control the regen

10. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Yes but they did not have regen in 06 that started in 08 all regen vehicles have a hot exhaust light come on when regen is going on.

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    and the truck he is looking at is a 2009..... so it has it right..?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.