VOLVO, FORD, MACK

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Palmetto_Cowboy, Nov 6, 2016.

  1. Palmetto_Cowboy

    Palmetto_Cowboy Light Load Member

    128
    31
    Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    0
    I've been doing looking round at a couple older tractors and I've ran across a couple trucks that I would like to know more about can anybody tell me somethings about these trucks good and bad, various motor/transmission builds , mpg , tractor setups all advice and info would be appreciated

    1. 1995 Volvo WIA
    2. 1985-1990 Ford LTL
    3.1989 mack superliner
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. m16ty

    m16ty Road Train Member

    2,274
    4,964
    Jan 22, 2016
    0
    If all things being equal condition on the three trucks, Superliner wins hands down.

    All three of the trucks can have the exact same drivetrain so not much to compare there unless we know what each truck has.

    Ford= cheap truck. Not bad, just cheap.
    Volvo= good dependable truck, just ugly as sin.
    Mack= good dependable truck with the looks to go along with it.
     
    Palmetto_Cowboy and strollinruss Thank this.
  4. strollinruss

    strollinruss Road Train Member

    1,366
    1,699
    Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    0
    Yup, the Superliner is a bad machine! I've wanted one for a while. But I don't think is has as good of a ride as the Volvo. Depends on what you want to do with it.
     
  5. Palmetto_Cowboy

    Palmetto_Cowboy Light Load Member

    128
    31
    Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    0
    Thanks a lot the superliners are hard to find and I'm leaning on the Volvo more because there more commonly found and I would either be pulling containers or hauling logs

     
  6. Palmetto_Cowboy

    Palmetto_Cowboy Light Load Member

    128
    31
    Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    0
    Thanks a lot for the feedback I ran into a guy today that has a LTL9000 He said he has had it for about 9 Years and hauling logs with it he says it has a CAT 3406 With a 9 speed

     
  7. strollinruss

    strollinruss Road Train Member

    1,366
    1,699
    Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    0
    There you go, jump on it. Can't go wrong.
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.