VOLVO Speed Sensor

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by nutcase, Jan 31, 2011.

1. mariomihelcic

mariomihelcic Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Now I have same problem but little more crazy. Driving 60mph and speedo inside goes down to 20 and go back to 60mph. When it go down to 20 service light comes on and stays on slowing truck down and usuallly truck is stuck in that gear that was in when needle drop to 20. Any ideas please

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mariomihelcic

mariomihelcic Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    No I didn't. Did you fix yours. I can't figure it out.

4. Muktar

Muktar Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    HEY POBLO, MY 13 SPEED TRANNY ON 2000 VOLVO 770 IS OVERHEATING.
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS PROBLEM WITH IT. A FRIEND OF OURS ONE IS DRIVING IT AND ITS TELLING THAT THE TRUCK TRANNY IS OVERHEATING GIVING HIM ALARM AND CHECK LIGHT IN CIRCULAR LIKE.

5. Muktar

Muktar Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    HI EVERYONE, I HAVE 2000 VOLVO VNL 770 WITH CUMMINS N14 AND A 13 SPEED TRANNY. IT IS DRIVEN BY A FRIEND OF MINE AND HE IS TELLING ME THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS OVERHEATING GI ING HIM CHECH LIGHT AND THE DEGREE OF HEAT, 309. THAT IS HOW HOT THE TRANNY GOIN.
    I KNOW IT CAN BE CAUSED BY SEVERAL DIFFERENT THINGS SUCH AS; LOW OIL PRESSURE or low oil, radiator not working anf of course sensor not working properly. what else do you guys thing can cause?

6. Volvo8873

Volvo8873 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    First and foremost check the oil level.

7. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    hi to all

transmission is oil cooled

is it Eatom 13st?

8. bowtieboy77

bowtieboy77 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Southern, Ontario
    I am going to disagree. Location will have a big influence on if the speedo sensor will come out. I maintain a fleet of salt/plow trucks and we run the factory speedo sensors plus another one to control the automatic salter. The old style sensors were internal and threaded into the rear speedo housing then jam nut to secure this style I have never had a breakage issue. The new style sensors are external and slide into a metal tube and secured with a small bolt. In salt conditions the sensor gets crushed due to rust forming between the plastic sensor and the metal tube. When you go to get the sensor out it will usually twist off and the body of the sensor stays in the tube. When this happens you drill, chisel it out piece by piece until it is all gone. I would say about 50% of the time the sensors will break very common issue in winter/ salt locations.

9. Alex43

Alex43 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
  10. Alex43

Alex43 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Hi I have a problem with my Volvo D-13 670 2012

11. Alex43

Alex43 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Hi , I have a problem with my Volvo D-13 I-shift 670 2012 , it won’t accelerate sometimes , it loses powers and then it picks up again , I can’t figure out what it is , I have changed many parts since the issue appear such as : new injectors , injector sleeves , dpf filtrer clean , dpf sensor , egr cooler , exhaust manifold , def computer module replaced and accelerator (toodler ) pedal replaced .I mention that engine runs good , no fault codes on , engine breaks sometimes it works and sometimes not . Can you help me ? Thank you !!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.