Volvo Totally dead interior

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by 2dogtruckin, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Check 12 volts on firewall studs under air hoses.

2dogtruckin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2dogtruckin

2dogtruckin Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2019
    good idea,, thank you, I will go look for those

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    How do you know?

5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    DDC4B6E5-0EC8-4767-9B01-64A87C491AE8.jpeg

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I just started fostering a cat that looks just like that, but he's missing an eye.

We call him Pirate Kitty.

He needs a truck.

7. 2dogtruckin

2dogtruckin Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Hey , I wanna thank all you guys for getting me pointed in the right direction!! I was out fiddling around with wires that looked like they went to ground and stuff. I wiggled one wire and pulled a fuse out of it and put it back in and the Radio clock came on for a few minutes.. then went off,, so more wiggling and then back on. So i disconnected the power switch so I don't spike anything. I am going to take every thing I can apart and clean and brush it and put it all back together and hope for the best. I think it is a grounding issue like most of you have suggested.. Thanks again. I will post one more reply tomorrow after i get done to close out this thread so anyone searching in the future may benefit from this discussion.

8. dbny5000

dbny5000 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    What causes all power to go out like this is the small black cable from battery box to frame. There is a fusible link in that cable that can blow. In my case I've had them blow because the positive battery cable crossing over the transmission to the starter has rubbed itself raw due to improper tiedown, thus causing a major short to transmission or frame. You could confirm yours is out by clamping some jumper cables from a battery negative terminal to the frame -- but be careful because if the short is still active, you will see some serious sparks fly and will melt that jumper cable if you leave it clamped. If the short isn't active, and power is restored with that jumper cable, the issue is probably the fusible-link cable. Just find out why it blew in the first place to avoid a sequel.

9. TacoLover

TacoLover Bobtail Member

May 14, 2022

10. TacoLover

TacoLover Bobtail Member

May 14, 2022
    So much for the posting of one more reply to verify the fix.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.