Volvo VCADS Programing question

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by bonous, Jan 6, 2019.

1. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Good day all,
    I just received and set up a Nexig usb link 2 with VCADS 2.40 on a dell 630d laptop a few days ago. conducted a test on 2007 D16 and it's established connection with the truck ok. I'm trying to help a fellow driver who is having issues in the yard with his 2011 - D13 - 10 speed manual with DPF and SCR. He had a Dozer valve code and engine dereted to 5 mph. He unplugged the speed sensor and drove it to the yard, went to Volvo bought a new dozer valve and replaced it. The code for the Dozer valve is gone but the severe engine derete code is still active. I'm driving and will be there in the morning but i haven't had a chance to play around with the VCADS. Can someone walk me through the steps on how to do derate reset? I opened the VCADS earlier and under J7 Service and maintenance I didn't see any reset but again i haven't thoroughly opened all the programs and not sure what it is listed under. Any info/help always highly appreciated!

Johny41 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    Hi the right way to remove a Derate situation due of aftertreatement problem should be perform before the fault code has been erased. Then you can try to run 2 park regen with the Lap Top and see. Ben

KB3MMX and Johny41 Thank this.
  4. benrab

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    Sorry i didn’t read your post correctly at the first time. With your PTT Tool go under the tab. Test. Then. Exhaust system sub group 25. Aftertreatement diagnostic. Scrool down to the bottom in the center of the page you will see : Reset procedure for Derate situation. But important do NOT ERASE THE INACTIVE CODE BEFORE RAN THE RESET PROCEDURE. Hope it will help you. Ben

KB3MMX, Johny41 and bonous Thank this.
  5. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
  6. benrab

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    I forgot to tell you the reset procedure didn’t work every time ?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Did a Regen using the computer and no more codes present.
    Thanks a lot Ben!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.